Sunday 6 December 2009

19 days to go!!

So the plant that was in yesterdays quiz is called Anastatica or in English - "Jericho rose". Another name given to it is "The Resurrection Plant".

I had never seen them before I came to Denmark. In our school we have one. It is taken out every Christmas and set in water...within a few hours it opens up and stays that way until it is taken out of the water.

When it dries up it curls into a ball again and can be stored away until next Christmas. They are not pretty, but I just think its rather amazing that a thing that looks so dead can still have life in it!! Google Anastatica or Jericho rose and you can read about it yourself.....

I´m afraid no-one got that one right, so heres an easy one for todays question....

How many wise men were there???

7 comments:

Rhoda said...

Lots!

"Wise men followed Jesus . . . . they still do"!!!!

Rhoda said...

Here is the reason I didn't 'guess' the last one:
From the online dictionary:
"to estimate or conjecture about correctly: to guess what a word means."

I didn't guess I knew!!!!! Some day when this competition is over I'll tell you how I knew, but I'm not about to give away my trade secrets to give that Lisa one an advantage!!!!!!

lisa said...

OH Rhoda!!!! Thats just not nice - an advantage indeed! Do you not know I need all the help I can get?

Angie said...

I'm way behind in this competition - haven't read your blog for a few days! If I was being really daft I'd say that such a thing as a wise man doesn't exist!!!! But in fear of getting thumped by any men who might be reading this..... was always told we don't know how many wise men there were - there were 3 gifts but no number of men mentioned.

lisa said...

Come on Laura - whats keeping you posting a new question? Some of us are on the edge of our seats waiting!!

Rhoda said...

And some of us are waiting to find out the answer to the last question too Lisa;-)!!

lisa said...

Yes Rhoda, it is definitely a trick question! I didnt answer for fear of making a fool of myself - you'd think Id be used to it by now ha ha!!