Tuesday 29 December 2009

Happy Birthday Jette....

Meet my lovely mother-in-law! Today she turned 74 years old - doesnt she look well!! I have just been sitting thinking about how "lucky" I am to have a mother-in-law like her. She really is a wonderful person. From the first time I met her I knew we would get on! Way back then she could only speak a few words of English and I could speak no Danish at all, but never the less, we got on.


Jette is such a caring person. She has a big heart. I always feel that I could tell her anything without her being judgemental or condemning. She has always given me sound advice, but not in an annoying, interfering way. Her advice has always been there, I could take it or leave it, and if I left it, she never did get offended. She has a wonderful sense of humour and through the years we have had a few laughs together. She has a calm and a confidence about her - you just feel good being in her presence....yes, she really is a wonderful mother-in-law who I love with all my heart:-) Happy Birthday Jette!


So it being Jettes birthday we were up early for a change. Sara had to go to work for a few hours but the rest of us, Alessio included, headed down to see Jette and wish her a Happy Birthday!


Kristians two brothers and their families were there when we arrived, so it was nice to catch up with them too. We had brunch there - delicious:-) However our visit was suddenly cut short. Sara rang! We had forgotten to put the key in the normal hiding place so she could get into the house when finished with work. Ooops - she was not amused - hahaha - she was cold (it was a cold day here) she was hungry and she just wanted into a warm house. Instead she had to sit ½ hour on the steps waiting for us to get home!!

When we got home we decided it was time for the Christmas tree to go. The new year is approaching and besides that, the cat had the tree wrecked! So down came Christmas tree and decorations - bit sad really, its so much fun putting them up! But on the bright side - I now have a nice clean organised house again - ready for the New Year!!

2 comments:

lisa said...

Happy birthday Mrs Rasmussen! May you have many many more.

Karen Templeton said...

Happy Birthday Jette! Laura, you are so lucky to have a lovely mother-in-law. I have 4 mother-in-laws (long story!) and they are all very special to me.

I am certain there are lots of good things ahead for you in 2010.

Happy New Year Laura! Please pass along my best wishes to your dad too.