Thursday 17 December 2009

8 days to go

....hope you all have started your Christmas shopping!! Only 8 days left to get it all organised - not that I want to stress or panic anyone.

So back to our Christmas quiz....well done Rhoda, she was the first one to answer the question. You have a great memory, imagine remembering way back to 2004! haha - yes 2004 was the correct answer!!
So now for todays question.....


When was the last white Christmas in Denmark??


Well it looks like we might be having a white Christmas this year. Yesterday we had a snow storm. (Looks like the climate top meetings in Copenhagen are doing some good! The weather is acting the way it should for this time of year!! haha) It really has been a beautiful day, but what a bother all the snow is!


This was what it looked like outside our kitchen window last night! This morning it took me an hour to get to work! By the time I got my frozen doors opened, shovelled all the snow away from the car so I could get out, and scrapped the ice of the windows ½ hour had gone by!! Then it took me ½ hour to make the usually 15 minute trip.

I hate driving in this kind of weather and yesterday I had to go and speak at a kids club (about a 35 minute drive from here) I was a nervous wreck, not because I should speak to the kids, but because of the snow. I got there and home in one peice - what a miracle that was!! and we had a great club too!

Sara is in Belgium. She left Monday evening and comes home again on Tuesday afternoon, just in time to unpack and get ready for the Christmas Eve celebrations! She seems to be having a great time - yet again!!

Kristian is away on a course again with work. He left this morning and comes home tomorrow (Friday) afternoon. I just talked to him and he is a bit of a nervous wreck himself - not because of the snow, but because he has a 3 hour exam tomorrow morning!! The poor man!! What a family of nervous wrecks we are!! Ah well, it wont be long till Christmas and then we can lock ourselves away in our wee home and forget about exams and snow!!

9 comments:

Rhoda said...

Officially 1995, since 90% of the country has to be covered with at least 1/2 cm of snow!

Love the snow - love the pictures:-) But I don't like driving in it either!!!!

Rhoda said...

Which means you're due a white Christmas this year . . . . since it happens every 14 years!!!!:-)

Angie said...

haven't time to look up the answer .....too much to do and too little time to do it in!!! And No Laura, I haven't got all my shopping done yet! It's now 1.25am and I should be in my bed getting much needed beauty sleep!!! Roll on Christmas!

Stuart and Pauline said...

Wow, what a busy time just before Christmas eh?!!! Hope you can have some rest next week and just be a family together and enjoy each other.

Rhoda said...

And BTW I've done any shopping yet - am only buying nieces and nephews - so that's tomorrow morning's job!
Time enough!!!!

Stuart and Pauline said...

I guess Rhoda, it's different when you don't have to post them all off by a certain date, if you're going to see them all. Did all my shopping online this year. Think I bought about 5 presents which weren't from the net. Not bad.

Rhoda said...

Pauline, here's the truth - if I have to post them I don't send them! I have two nephews in Australia and I send a gift through paypal, but I don't post a gift!

Rhoda said...

Just to let you know I finally braved Glasgow City Centre and did some shopping!!!!

Laura said...

Good for you Rhoda - it wasnt so bad was it??? I mean, going christmas shopping!!