Tuesday 1 December 2009

Let the countdown begin!!

....24 days to Christmas!! 24 days to get organised! 24 days to get all the shopping done, the presents wrapped, the food prepared - OH HOW I LOVE IT!!!

So its December and I thought that through this month I would make a Christmas quizz for you to have some fun with. Every day, (ok maybe NOT every day)....but when I update my blog I will post a question or a puzzle - something to make you think!! You can write the answer under the comments (if you wish) and the day after I will post the answer on the blog. Now does that sound like fun??? hahaha

Today I was off work. I had planned to have a day at home to recover from my trip to Sweden. However the two big kids didnt start school till 10am so I ended up being a taxi driver for them. Then to my surprise I discovered that Kristian had also taken the day off. When he didnt appear in the kitchen by 8am I thought I better go and wake him....thats when he told me he had taken the day off to spend with me - Aaahhh.

So my day didnt go as planned but it was a really nice day. We ended up going out shopping, to see if we could get the last few Christmas gifts in.

Before we went out I decided to make rice pudding for this evening....if you want to see how that went, just click below!!



Well it went well last year - I think I´m just out of practise - I will have to try again another day!!

So now for the Christmas quizz question of the day:-

1. Who was the first British monarch to broadcast a Christmas message to the nation? (Answer will be posted tomorrow!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was George the 5th in 1932 who first sent a broadcast Christmas message to the people. I know because I heard it,
I was in my mums womb; and when I came out in 1933 I shouted "HAPPY CHRISTMAS" lOVE YOU Dad.xoxox.

Laura said...

hahahaha Dad you are funny!! Well I will let you know tomorrow if you got it right or not.

lisa said...

Your dad is right (so Ronnie says)! See your dad can be right sometimes lol!!

Rhoda said...

'to see if we could get the last few Christmas gifts in'

????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I near choked when I read this!!!! I haven't even thought of one thing yet, never mind 'LAST FEW' on the 1st Dec!!!!!

What a palava that rice pudding! To have to wrap it up in the duvet!!!! I think that must be very hard to get right.

Laura said...

well making that rice pudding usually works wrapping it in a duvet and letting it sit - then you have any bother with it....otherwise you have to have it on a low heat and keep stirring it, now thats a real pain. Last year it turned out perfect -tasted really good. I think it needed a couple hours more under the duvet...Well we just gave it a few minutes in the microwave and it was ok.

I have been doing Christmas shopping since August!!! Getting bargins in (bought a few presents in August and September and October etc) - I love a bargin (its the scottish blood in me)

On Monday when I was out with Audry I kept telling her, "Oh dont buy that here you can get it cheaper in (name the shop)" or "Oh you can buy that on the internet at www....for half the price!!) haha