Tuesday 23 September 2008

Another senior moment...

So the last few days have been a little hectic. Not that anything exciting has been happening - just the normal everyday life things, like work, housework, food shopping, dinner, pack lunches and helping with lots of homework.

But inbetween all these things, Kristian and I between us, have had a few "senior moments". What do I mean, well read on.....

Take yesterday morning for example....

Sara went off to take the train to school. A while after she left Kristian found her purse lying in the hall. Her train card is in her purse, so she needed it. He rang her on her mobile. She was still at the station in our town, and the train would be there in 6 minutes. If Kristain hurried he could drive up to the station and get her purse to her in time.

So like Superman he leapt into the car, drove as fast as the speed limit would allow and made it up to the station were Sara was waiting anxiously for her purse. But there was no purse!! Kristian in his excitement to get to the train station in time, went out of the house without the purse. It was still sitting in the hall! He ended up picking Sara up taking her home to get her purse and then driving her to school. What a pair!!

Then today I was in the supermarket to get milk and bread. I had my hoversack with me and started to pack the food into this. The cashier told me the amount I owed and I went to get my purse so I could pay, but I just couldnt find it! I took the milk and bread out of my bag again, then my books, my pencil case, my hair brush and 101 other things I have in my bag....no, I couldnt find my purse anywhere.

Then, to my embrassement, I realised - my purse was tucked up into my armpit....I had taken it out when I went to pack the milk, I had stuffed it under my arm so that I had two free hands to pack my bag - then I forgot all about it! Honestly what are we like!!

5 comments:

Rhoda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rhoda said...

Ha Ha Ha - oh Laura that is pure dead brilliant! Well as someone who is ahead of you, just to reassure you - it can only get worse:-) I cannot believe some of the stupid things I do, like panic cos I can't find my camera in my bag - and David says to me "what's wrong?" I say "I can't find my camera, I must have left it in the shop" He said "Here it is where you left it 2 minutes ago" !!!!!!!!!

lisa said...

Ha ha you oul doll!!!! Sorry Im so like you!

Charlene said...

What a relief! I thought it was just me who was stupid. Now I realise that I'm surrounded by stupid people too. (Well to be perfectly honest I had already realised that some of you are completely thick. Ha ha. I leave it up to you to decide which ones!)

Rhoda said...

Here's another one hot of the press. I had to go into the city centre this morning, and then was getting the train to out to work. Realised in Central Station that I had only 1 minute to get the train to Queen's Park. I made it. Except the train I got to Queen's Park gets there after about an hour, instead of the 5 mins it should take! So I had to get off at a different station and walk the 15 mins to Queen's Park! Yup anohter senior moment!