Thursday 25 September 2008

You´re the boss

It´s been a fun evening.

I was invited, along with my other colleagues, home to my boss for dinner. He loves to cook and is always telling us what a wonderful chef he is - so tonight he had to prove it. Well I must admit, he did that. We had a wonderful meal!

One of my colleagues decided to take the CD of Mamma Mia along for background music. Well Peter, my boss stuck the CD on...I was busy talking so didnt know what CD he had put in. The music started and it was beautiful. Peter turned to me and said "OK Laura, what song is this?" I listened, it was panpipes but I couldnt really place it. He kept going on at me that I should know this song. So I concentrated even more - no I still couldnt place it.

"Well you have been to see the movie 5 times and you dont know the song" he replied. It was a song from Mamma Mia but I couldnt remember that song being in Mamma Mia. My colleague was going on about this song being at the start of the film, but I just could not remember it. They teased me soooo much about not remembering the song after seeing the film so many times. (I was getting ready to go and see the film again!)

Then Peter forwarded to the next song.... it was also a panpipe song. It was then we realised that my colleague had lifted the Mamma Mia CD cover but it was a panpipe CD in it.. Here I was thinking I was going nuts!! I really thought I was having another senior moment - but a really serious one this time!! We had a good laugh about that.

I had arranged a game of "Name that tune". They thought this was hilarious. They had never played that before. It was boys against girls and the girls won!!

The rest of the evening was spent chatting and laughing together. I have some really great colleagues and we always have a great time together.

1 comment:

Stuart and Pauline said...

Sounds like you did have a lot of fun. Laura I reckon you have great friends because your personality is so infectious.