Saturday 13 September 2008

Girls night in...

...it was just Leah and me at home all day. What bliss!! (not that I dont enjoy having Kristian and the other two at home, but when you go from 5 people down to just 2, well there is a certain stillness and bliss about it.)

We started the day with a long lie in. Just what we needed. I can vaguely remember Kristian saying goodbye to me in the wee early hours of the morning - but then again that might have been a dream!

The first part of the day was used to clean and tidy up. Leah did her room. She dusted and organised her room, then chatted to me while I did the rest of the house (minus Sara and Andrews room - they get to do that themselves!) When all the housework was done we could hold our girls day together.

None of us wanted to go out - although, I must be honest, going to see Mamma Mia had crossed my mind! But we both needed a day in, we had been out enough all last week. With the house organised we watched some TV - Hanna Montana concert in 3D. Not that I could see what good the 3D glasses did. It all looked the same whether I had them on or not.

Dinner was ate in front of the TV too. Not often we do that.Then after dinner it was time for a visit to Lauras beauty parlour. We had such fun! First things first....we needed to collect together everything we would need.


Then it was time for the mud masks......



This was followed by the foot baths.....and a lot of chatter!


Then it was the mud mask rinse, followed by a dead sea salt body scrub....aaahhh, lovely! Then into a hot shower with a delicious smelling shower gel....we sure felt good!


Finally we smothered ourselves in body lotions and moisturising creams. Now we not only felt good but smelt good too!!


The hair also needed done.....


And finally we were ready to see our film and eat our treats! Suppose we should have ate all the fruit that was in the kitchen but instead we opted for crisps, chocolate and smarties.....not the best choice, but sure, it was girls night in!!


After the film it was time for bed. I think it was a successful girls night in! Thanks Leah for a fun evening!

No comments: