Friday 19 September 2008

Leahs birthday party

Well this year Leah didnt want a party with lots of people. She just wanted her friend to come and spend the evening. (She had such a good night doing our beauty treatment that she wanted her friend to also experience it. )

So today after school her friend came home to us. They played all afternoon. After dinner they started the beauty treatment - mud mask, foot bath etc. They had great fun. (but what a mess they made in my bathroom - not to mention the amount of towels they used, about 4 towels each - no joke!) Then it was into their PJ´s. I had dragged a mattress in front of the TV for them so they could lie there and see the Hanna Montana concert that they are sooo wild about.

The original idea was that Leahs friend would sleep here, but her friend gets homesick and doesnt really like sleeping away from her mum. So there was a last minute change of plans. Leah went home to her. (She lives just around the corner) Then tomorrow the girls will come to us for breakfast. We will then head out to the next town for a shopping trip. I will leave them to shop alone. (First time they will try this - oh my wee girl is growing up!) They are so excited at being able to go around the shops by themselves. Then in the afternoon they will go see a Danish film in the cinema. Finally they want to take the train home - alone, and I will collect them at the train station.

Listening to them chat about going shopping alone, brought back a memory from my childhood/youth. I still remember the day I was allowed to go into Belfast for the first time and shop "alone". It was with my 4 school friends. We came up with the idea to go shopping but weren´t sure our parents would let us, so we all went home and asked if we could take the bus to Belfast after school on a particular day. All our parents said yes!! We spent days planning our trip. I was in 1st year at Deramore and I felt sooo grown up to be going to Belfast "alone" to shop. (How funny to think that that was such a big thing for me in those days! haha)

While the girls were watching the Hanna Montana concert I got some of the lost blog posts back unto the blog. (maybe you have noticed!) It´s not so bad putting the text in - I can just paste that, it´s uploading all the pictures again - that is such a pain. But hey, I´m getting there, slowly but surely.

You can be sure I wont be pressing any delete buttons again in a hurry!!


7 comments:

Rhoda said...

Yes Laura, I noticed! I've been keeping an eye on it for the last hour or so, and seeing more and more coming in, with the comments as well - I actually wondered if Blogger had been able to restore it. But it's you sitting there! Well done!

(Hey Charlene you can now give up the prozac as well, isn't that good!)

Imagine your wee girl is old enough to shopping on her own - they probably won't sleep for excitement!

Just a caution about the mud, (sorry to be boring!) but I was told when I got it, only to use it once every 2 - 3 weeks - as you can have too much of a good thing, and that it's not good to use it too often. So just be careful, probably especially coz Leah's skin is still so young. (Bet Leah is glad that you are her mum and not me!!!!!)

Rhoda said...

Laura, I'm confused! When I looked at your blog an hour ago, it was the old blog, right up until last week, with the old order of the kids photos, and your "chat with me" and all your comments, but now it's your updated one, which have no comments on your posts. How did that happen? Or did I dream it? Or maybe I'm just going mad, and seeing things that are not there?????!!!!!!!

Laura said...

I was wondering what you meant when you said it had comments and all, cause I wasnt able to save the comments...that is strange, maybe blogger is trying to restore it or something.

I wish they would, but I havent heard anything from them....I really wish I could restore all the comments, they were fab, especially the ones about Charlenes date - they were sooooo hilarious.

Oh yeah about the mud - we usually dont do it that often. I told the girls (mainly Sara) they should only use it every other week, so I sort of guessed right there, but I make an exception for Leah this time, since she had arranged this "party" weeks ago (and after trying the mud and beauty thing she wanted to do it with her friend instead of what we orginally had planned.) so I bend the rule. But thanks for the tip!

It is absolutely bucketening down here - brilliant day for shopping!! I love shopping in the rain. I have to go to the hairdressers while the girls shop, luckly for us there is a big indoor shopping center, so they shouldnt get too wet. Kristian is coming along, we´re having a wee date day, but now I´m not sure I want him along, he is like a bear with a sore head when it rains. He hates it...hahaha, might just leave him at home and go enjoy the rain myself!!

Lorraine said...

Hope the girls have a great day. It's so exciting going out on your own when you're that age!

Rhoda said...

Exceptions are fine! It does seem as if blogger must have been doing something, for everything was there pre the "I'm soooo stupid" blog, and it was all the old layout - but I wonder why it went again? I think you should contact them and see what's happening. (If they are trying to fix it, then save all your new stuff, and then you can just copy and paste)

Good job you don't live either here or in Belfast then, Kristian would have a permanent sore head - and you might find it an even bigger challenge to keep the romance going! ( I speak from experiance - I have a husband who is so influenced by the weather - he hates the wind, the rain, the cold, the grey, doesn't like it too hot either - so you can imagine there are more days when the mood is more bear like than dog like!!!!!!!!!!!)

Stuart and Pauline said...

Looks like they were having great fun. I don't remember the first time I was allowed to go into Belfast on my own, but I do remember going in most Saturdays and meeting at the back of Boots. Then Christine and I would get the bus home and she would go to her grans and I would go home for dinner. Then she would call for me about an hour later for youth club. I do remember my first lipstick though. Iridescent pink!!!!

Such and exciting time for Leah, but not so exciting for mummy.

lisa said...

Looks like Leah had a great birthday, cant belive shes old enough to go shopping with her friends on their own!! Keep her as your baby as long as you can though!!