Wednesday 10 September 2008

HOME HELP WANTED

.....boy it´s hard being a working mum and wife. I now realise how spoiled I was over the last 6 months. Kristian really was a great home help. Now when I come home from work the house is back to normal - unmade beds, piles of unwashed clothes, dust everywhere....as my friend Jeffrey says "there´s nothing like a REAL home!" Ours certainly is that again!

So what has been happening in the Rasmussen household over the last few days.......

Well on Monday I worked late. Then there was the shopping to do, the dinner to make, laundry, clear up after dinner, helping with homework, in other words just a normal day. Then for some crazy reason I decided to bake some baps for the kids lunches. (Still trying to be this amazing mum who makes great lunch packs for her kids!) After I started making them I wished I hadn´t, the kitchen just ended up in a mess again, and the stupid things took me all night to make. Before I knew it, it was time for bed. Now where did that day go?!



...Tuesday was also a busy day, although this day was more fun. I was going out with my friend Audry to Ikea. It was our girls night out!! So after work I came home and relaxed a bit, (I didn´t care that the house needed a good tidy up, the clothes needed washed, or the kitchen needed organised - I just closed my eyes to it all) I sat down on the sofa with a cup of hot chocolate and watched "Extreme Makeovers". It´s an American show where they knock down and re-build a new house in 7 days. It´s amazing and they decorate it just soooo beautifully. I had a good cry at this programme. It was just so touching, so good!!

Then it was off to Ikea for the evening, leaving Kristian to make the dinner. Audry and I had a great evening wandering around dreaming and planning. At 9pm when Ikea closed we headed over to McDonalds for our burgers and spent an hour or so chatting.


....Today, (Wednesday) has been nice. I have had a wonderful afternoon in town with Leah. She took the train (for the first time) all by herself and met me from work. We then went to my wee "french" café for hot chocolate. It was perfect weather - the rain was pouring down! So we sat in this cosy cafe drinking our hot chocolate and watching the rain.
It was then around the shops to look for birthday presents for her birthday. Today I could devote all my time and attention to her, so we had so much fun spotting things she would like for her birthday. (Hope I can remember them all when I go tomorrow to get some things!)
I am now about to head into bed. How I love my bed!!Tomorrow is Thursday and the weekend is just around the corner - isn´t that wonderful news! I´ll get to sleep long on Saturday!! YES!

No comments: