Monday 15 September 2008

Contentment

I just love this time of year! From now until Christmas - it´s my favourite time! I just get so contented. I love the change in the air, the evenings getting darker, the cosiness off being indoors...




I love when the leaves change colour, and a walk in the forest just makes you stop in wonder at the beauty and the colour around you. I love the feel of the fallen leaves as I walk through them. I love looking for bargins for Chrsitmas presents (this is when I start doing that!) I love lighting the candles/lanterns outside our front door to give a little warmth and light to those making their way home. I love lighting the candles indoors to give us some cosiness on a dark autumn evening. You know I could go on and on about all the things I love at this time of the year, but I´ll stop. (aren´t you glad!!)



Today I just got this contented feeling as I came out of the supermarket. There was a slight nip in the air and it just felt soooo good to be going home to a warm, cosy apartment. I suddenly felt so blessed. Blessed to have a home, to have a bed. Blessed to have a family to share life with. Blessed to have food (so that I need to diet!) Blessed to have friends to laugh with, be silly with and read blogs with. Blessed to be able to get out of bed every morning to go to work. So many times I take all these things for granted but today I stopped up and counted my blessings and I realised I am one blessed lady! Why not take time yourself to count your blessings. It really did me good - it might do you good too!



One other thing - I am blessed to be off work tomorrow!! It is Leahs 11th birthday so I have taken the day off so I can be here with her in the morning when she opens her presents (she is after all still our baby!) I will then have a few hours on my own while everyone is at school. I think I might paint! (or watch a DVD.) Whatever I do I am going to enjoy it. It´s not every day I get a day off!




Ok better go get the presents wrapped!

No comments: