Saturday 27 September 2008

A day full of experiences..

...that it certainly was! It started early with food shopping for the weeks rations!



Then it was quickly home as Sara,Winnie and Rasmus were getting to use our car to drive to a go-kart race. Winnie just passed her test a month ago so we gave them permission to use the car today instead of taking the train. They were totally delighted. We as parents were feeling really old!


Kristian and I had planned to go to the next town to do a bit of shopping. Tomorrow is Sara´s birthday so we needed to get a few presents for her. We planned to bike up to the station and take the train, but it was such a beautiful day that Kristian suggested that we bike it the 10km to the next town! I was all for that, well after a bit of persuasion.

We had a wonderful bike ride - although I must admit at times I was falling way behind Kristian. The way we biked was actually rather hilly and I was finding it hard to keep up with my hubby. The country side was soooo beautiful.


We did a little window shopping first, but it wasnt long before we started to get a little hungry. My hubby invited me to lunch. We found a new cafe that had just opened yesterday. We thought we would try it out and give them our support.

We were not disappointed!! The food was absolutely delicious, and quite reasonable. It wont be the last time we go there!

We then found an art gallery which we never knew was there. We went in and had a look around. Some of the paintings were rather interesting, not really my type, but it was fun to look around.
We then went to another gallery. We got talking to one of the artists there. I was getting really inspired to come home and do some painting.
Finally we went shopping. I got the few presents we needed to get for Sara. (She isnt getting very much as she got a cheap 2nd hand laptop at the start of September which she needed for school, this was her birthday present.) But I wanted to get her a few small things. Then I had another senior moment!!
I went into a shop a bit like Boots. I bought a gift card for £10. They packed the gift card in a small box with samples of perfumes and creams - it all looked really good.
At the same time I bought shampoo/conditioner. When I came home around 4.30pm, I realised that I only had the shampoo and conditioner in my bag. I had left the gift token sitting on the counter. I paniced a bit and then decided to ring the shop.
I got a very annoyed sales persons on the line. She told me they were closed and she couldnt answer any questions until Monday. I wasnt going to give up that easy so before she had a chance to put the phone down, I quickly asked if they had found a gift card. Thankfully they had. I can go and get it on Monday after work.
What is happening to me!!!
Before heading home I invited hubby for a café latté, me - a hot chocolate! We sat outside and enjoyed the sunshine before the bike ride home again.
We biked a different route home and went through a wee village that we often drive through. It is such a cosy place and one of the houses has a sign outside that they have an art gallery. Because we are usually in the car we never stop but today we stopped when we saw the sign and that they were open.
We met two lovely people who both were artists. We got to see their paintings and sculptures, plus her studio - it was a fantastic place. We then found out that they played music too, so we got one of their CD´s home to listen to and Krisitan has promised to go over with a CD of his sister, were he is playing saxophone.
It has really been a day full of many different experiences, and a day that we have enjoyed soooo much.
Andrew and Leah were at home while we were out having fun. They just wanted a day at home to relax - and they had a really cosy time together.
What a fantastic sky - taken just outside our apartment.

1 comment:

Rhoda said...

Bet you felt better for biking it, than sitting in a train:-) And look how much you got that you would never have had otherwise:-) I love biking, but not when it's windy - light rain I can tolerate, but not the wind, or the kind of rain we've had here for months on end. Sometimes I bike it to work - 4 miles each way, and always feel better for it when I do, but the weather's been so rotten, that I haven't done that for a while.