Wednesday 3 September 2008

Inspiration!

I was getting inspired! Two of my friends (Lisa and Pauline) are really into baking. They, like me, have a blog with different stories about receipes they have tried. They make it sound so wonderful and easy! So I thought that I would give it a go.


The plan was this.... Kristian was going down to church to practise his sax for a while. While gone, I would bake some cakes, with a little help from Leah. We would then light some candles for daddy coming home, make some coffee and tea, and have some delicious cake. So we got stuck in. It seemed to be going well. The cake looked good when it came out of the oven, maybe a little thin....(as the receipe said to cut it down the middle so that cream could go in there. I really didn´t think we could cut this in two! ) But that was ok, we would just put the cream on top....no problem!

The problem came when I tried to get it off the tin. It was a springform, so I thought it would be easy to take off. No! I must have used glued instead of butter to grease the tin with! Leah and I struggled for about 5 minutes to try and get the cake off the tin. We won the battle in the end but the cake did look like it had been through the wars.


So we then decided to bake something that I had tried before....wee buns. Now that just can´t go wrong - right?!! WRONG....I think I must have filled the cases up a little too much, (but I just wanted to make sure they were big wee buns), or else the mixture was too runny....but see the results below. Not very eye appealing eh?
I think the baking went to my daughters head. She ended up running around the house with her shorts on her head - don´t ask me why!!! So needless to say we didn´t light any candles, I didn´t make any coffee or tea.... All I got out of tonights activites was a messy kitchen and a pile of dishes to wash! Lisa and Pauline I am leaving the baking up to you two. How on earth can you enjoy something like this!!!



No comments: