Sunday 7 September 2008

Today was Kristians 42nd birthday!!
Happy Birthday to you!
We started the day the usual way, by waking the birthday boy up with a song. In the living room we had the presents on the coffee table, the living room was decorated with flags and streamers (never too old for them!) I had actually forgotten the sweets - oops, usually we write the persons age with sweets on the table....no-one noticed that I had forgotten that, at least no-one mentioned it.

We had a few surprises for him. Kristian loves music DVD´s, so he got one of Stings DVDs. He also got a film (Rush hour 2) , a CD, and two new shirts.

As you can see my family are not really morning people. That or Kristian thinks this birthday is rather boring.


Ah good, a smile. No more yawns - at least not that I captured on camera.....



I had a very happy husband. (He got a Michael McDonald CD)
We had invited some friends over for dinner, so this afternoon I decided I would try and make a pavlova. Well low and behold it turned out really well. Have a look for yourself...

Kristian wanted chinese for dinner, so I made 3 different chinese dishes - whew, it was hard work. We had chilli chicken (absolutely delicious), chicken curry (also rather good) and then I cheated with the last dish - chicken nuggets with Uncle Bens sweet and sour sauce. It all turned out really well (I dont know what happened to me today!)

Dessert was the pavlova. This is one of Kristian´s favourites, so he was very pleased to get not only his favourite chinese food, but a pavlova too. Our friends had never tried pavlova before, and they were wild about it.....there wasn´t very much left in the end.


I think I can go to bed content. It has been a successful birthday, a successful meal and a successful pavlova. What more could a girl ask for.


No comments: