Saturday 6 September 2008

Crazy Days

It has been a few crazy days. I really haven´t been home since Wednesday evening!


It started on Thursday. After work I went to visit some of the old people that I looked after while in the HomeCare. (I keep contact with a few of them, those that don´t have any family, they are very much on their own.) I had a lovely afternoon with them. They are just so thankful for having you come by for an hour. I get sooo much out of these visits. But I first got home at 6pm! So I was actually gone from home from 6am to 6pm!! (Well that was ok - the kids were all doing things that afternoon, so I had freedom to stay out.) It was a quick dinner and then I had to go and shop for some lunch stuff for Friday - we were low, so off I went to the next town (as their supermarket is open to 8pm). Finally I arrived home at 8pm. Then my friend Laura popped over with her computer, Kristian was going to take a look at it. Thankfully he was able to fix it. Finally at 10pm I fell into bed exhausted!!


Friday wasn´t much better. Went to work and stopped work at 2.15pm. Had to do a bit of shopping on the way home. Leah rang - she was sitting on the toilet and we had run out of toilet paper, so with no toilet paper and no kitchen roll she was in a panic. I was on the train on the way home, so I did a wee detour to the shops to get what we needed. I sure miss my homehelp!! You can really tell Kristian has gone back to work!!

I finally arrived home at 3.00pm! It in for a quick shower and change of clothes. I said a quick hello to the kids, a few explainations about what they should tell their dad about dinner...and then I was off again. I was going out with work. The whole school - teachers, cleaners and the board members were going out for an evening. A treat from the school.We drove up the coast to a town north of where we live. It was known for helping the jews during second world war. We got a guided tour of the town with stories about the jews, where they had hidden them, things that happened to them. It was really interesting. We ended in the old church were we climbed up into the roof, were 80 jews were hid but were found by the Germans.



We then drove into Copenhagen to "The New Harbour". Here there is a lot of cafés and restaurants. We were having dinner in one of these restaurants. It was delicious. It was also really cosy. It was such a beautiful evening, very mild. I have been to "The New Harbour" during the summer. It´s always popular to go there and get an ice cream. But I have never been there in the evening. It was something special. I now know what I am going to do for next years anniversary!!! (sssshhhh - I will say no more, but next year I´ll be organised!)


We walked along the harbour back to the bus and we saw the new opera house. Isn´t it beautiful. (Girls - don´t you fancy a weekend in Copenhagen???!!! Isnt it just a little tempting!!) I was first home at 12.30!! Exhausted again - but it was a good evening!

Today has been busy too. Tomorrow is Kristian´s birthday, (and my good friends brithday). Sara´s friend is also 18 today and she is going to his birthday this evening, so we had 3 presents to buy today. Kristian was going down to the south of Denmark to play his saxophone at a wedding. (A surprise the groom had arranged for his bride. - Isn´t that sweet) Kristian´s sister would play piano. He would be gone till late afternoon.

So after some food shopping (we had absolutely nothing in this house when we woke this morning!) Sara, Leah and I headed to the nearby town to shop. And shop we did!!
I was getting totally stressed in my mind with all the presents I had to get. Sara was wanting help with her friends present and I was trying to figure out what to get my hubby and friend. On top of that Leah has a birthday a week on Tuesday, so she was running around showing me things she would like. Phew!! What a day!!

Finally by 4pm we had everything and could head home to a really, really, messy, dirty house. Kristian arrived home the same time as us, so we both got stuck in. I took the kitchen and living room. He took the bathroom and hall. We got this place cleaned up in no time!!

So now Kristian is driving Sara and her two friends to the birthday party. I am about to clear up the kitchen again after dinner (with a little help from Leah) Then it´s chat time. So looking forward to chatting to all my friends again. See you all at 8pm!! (english time!)

No comments: