Wednesday 17 September 2008

A wee update from the plunker...

..Yes the plunker who deleted her blog!!

You know in work today I had a plan. The plan was to come home, check out everyones blog, NOT write anything in mine and go to bed at 9pm with a book and my electric blanket (weather has turned a bit chilly over here - perfect for the electric blanket!) But did I follow that plan - OH NO - I had to muck around with the blog while making dinner and this is the result. A deleted blog. I have now spent the whole night out in Cypberspace searching for my lost blog. Did you ever!!!

I have some good news - thanks to Stuart (Paulines hubby) I have been able to locate alot of the posts, not all of them, but it´s better than none. I have now copied them to my computer - then slowly I can re-enter them unto my blog. I have also written to blogger.com to see if they can help. Maybe they can just hit a button and magically everything will come back again, without me having to re-type it all.

But you know something good came out of this. I just realised tonight what a special, wonderful group of friends I have. (No that isnt right - I realised that a long time ago, but I was reminded of it, once again tonight.) You guys have been soooo great. I really was feeling rotten but your comments, phone calls, funny songs and funny comments have all made my night a lot better. Thanks for that. You are a great bunch of friends and I am soooo blessed to have you all in my life. (again)

Thanks to blogging we came together again so how can I not continue this blogging thing, no matter how discouraged I was feeling earlier - I AM BACK!!

Now it is 11.30pm, nothing is going according to my plans today!! I better get to bed...Goodnight all.

10 comments:

Rhoda said...

You will never believe this, but I was adding a comment and "blink" the computer went dead! The trip switch had gone off!!!! Anyway as I was saying before I was so rudely interuppted, surely you can copy & paste without having to retype everything?

Three cheers for Stuart for getting you back! Hip hip . . . . . Hip hip . . .. Hip hip

Stuart and Pauline said...

Laura, really glad you are getting your posts back. Stuart says don't re-type it all, it should save to your computer text and everything. Also that blogger should be able to restore your blog for you. Let us know what blogger says.

Really glad he could be of service.

Charlene said...

Thank goodness for Stuart! I was beginning to wonder how I was going to survive!!!!

I think Stuart is wonderful - I also think the man deserves the George Cross for putting up with Pauline!!! Ha ha. Now he knows what we suffered for all those years.
Only joking Pauline.

Right I have to go, CE starts this evening and I'm going over the "checklist" once more.

Stuart and Pauline said...

Charlene, I think Stuart would agree with you though. A, that he is wonderful and B, that he deserves the George Cross. I was thinking the other day that I've been going to my church in Newcastle nearly as long as Richview the other day. I started going to services when I was 10 and left when I was 22. I've been going to JPC for 11 years now. How scary is that?

Charlene said...

Very! For JPC I mean. Really I am only kidding.

Laura I have been listening to the radio and they have just played my Favourite Waste of Time & Oh What a Night.

It just made me a little nostalgic. I miss you all, especially on Friday nights!

Why do you have word verification now???

Laura said...

I know I miss you guys too! The other day when I was off I was also listening to the radio and they were playing hits from 1986...well I was way back in time!!

Pauline its funny you saying that you have been to JPC for nearly as many years as you have Richview. The other day I was talking to my friend and realised that I have nearly lived in Denmark the same amount of time that I lived in Norn Iron...18 years here and 21 years in Ireland. But I still feel more irish than danish. (I have a totally different mentality than the danes)

Pity we all couldnt just meet up this evening, after all it´s Friday night and I could do with a good bit of craic!!! haha Ah well we can dream about it!

Laura said...

P.S. Charlene where do I have the word verification????

Laura said...

Charlene you know what is blasting from my eldest daughters room....Na,nanananannnnaaaa, baby give it, give it up, baby give it up....(KC and the sunshine band I think sang it)
Do you remember that song?

lisa said...

You turn the word verification off in your settings.

Rhoda said...

See the posts are finding their way home. Welcome back:-)