Monday 6 October 2008

Back in time...



Today at work, we went back in time. Our school disappeared and instead there was a medieval community, complete with Nuns, Monks, Beggars, Bakers, Blacksmiths, Jesters, and even a King!

Our school is doing a theme this week about the Middle Ages. Everyone was to come in fancy dress and we had to greet each other with the words - "Gods Peace".

The kids were really into it. There were many different workshops set up around the school. The kids were in different groups and they worked to earn money so they could buy soup or bread. We had beggers, begging for shillings or for food, and our school inspector dressed up as a King. Every time he was annouced or came by we had to bow down.

It was all really well thought out. On the way home on the train I met alot of kids. I was asking them about their day and what they had been up too. All of them really enjoyed their workshop. I think the most fun part for them was making money. All of them told me about how much money they had made and how much they are saving for market day on Thursday. Hilarious.


I was also dressed up, along with my boss Peter (below - what are we like?!!! haha).

I am looking forward to the next few days as I get to drop some of the cleaning and instead, get to spend a few hours helping in one of the groups. Should be fun! (There are some really good, fun things planned!)

4 comments:

jeff will said...

It must have felt as if you were back in n.ireland. Can,t see king billy !!

Etta said...

excellent idea Laura! Now, for your next blog, I've tagged you. Visit my page to get the rules... eight things we don't know about you?

Stuart and Pauline said...

Very fetching Laura, I would get in touch with a few high class designers, this could be the look for winter 2010!!!

Hope the chat was good on Sat night. Popped on about 10.30 and everyone had gone!!!

Laura said...

yeah we went off about 10pm. It went really well- there was only Lorraine, Charlene and me....but you know us 3 we can talk so much you would think there was a whole bunch of people! haha

I really enjoyed it. Hopefully there will be more on for next month