Sunday 12 October 2008

Kristian killed the cat...

(sleeping on our bed)

...or at least that´s what we thought. Here´s what happened...

We got up this morning after a nice lie in. (We didnt have church as we are having an evening service.) Well the wee kitten was full of life and we were having sooo much fun with it. We then decided we should get the house tidied up as we are having guests for dinner. Kristian decided he would change our bed and throw the sheets into the washing machine while I tidied up the living room and kitchen.

The wee kitten was following Kristian around everywhere he went. We all went about our work when Andrew asked " Where´s the kitten?" We didnt know, so went looking for it. We looked in all our rooms, under everyones bed, behind the sofa, in the bathroom....we could not find it anywhere.

Then I had this terrible thought. What if the cat had climbed into the washing machine without Kristian noticing and he had just put the sheets and duvet covers on top of it. (off course it would be me to have this thought -I am a bit of a drama queen!) I said what I thought and Kristian literally changed colour. We all ran out to the washing machine and stood looking at it. (The kitten had been playing around in our sheets and duvet, Kristian remembered that. He then had left it and went to get Leahs duvet cover to throw into the machine with ours. Could it have climbed into the machine while Kristian was gone, after all the washing machine door had been open.)

We didnt dare look....we quickly got the washing machine stopped...Kristian opened the door and we were dreading what we would find. Leah was crying her eyes out...Andrew was being brave, I was in a panic and Kristian was about to faint!! He carefully pulled all the sheets out. Whew!!!! there was nothing there! What a relief. I even started to cry a bit!! After a big hug all around we discovered where the cat was hiding.....as we turned around from the washing machine and looked into the kitchen, there on our diningroom chairs she was lying looking at us all. We just couldnt see her because of the table and the tableclothe......Honestly what a morning!!!

We have laughed soooo much about it now, but at the time our hearts were in our throat. I have never seen Kristian look sooooo distrubed in all my life. I think he now needs couselling after his trauma. He really thought he had killed the cat!!!!

2 comments:

Rhoda said...

Oh Laura,

That really would be too awful for words! I do actually know someone who quite literally washed the cat. She didn't know he had climbed into the washing machine, waited for her husband to put something else in, had set everything, and told him to shut the door. Horrible!

Just think if this is what you are like are 3 days, just how attached you will all be to the wee thing:-) (But it's still worth it I can tell you!)

By the way Malin spent the first 10 years of his life in a flat! (With me of course!) When we moved here, he couldn't believe this whole big garden just for him! (Yes I'm encouraging you to get a dog - if you're allowed of course!)

lisa said...

That must have been awful - I would have been sick too!