Thursday 30 October 2008

I am going to seek help...

...I really think it is getting way out of control and so I have decided to seek professional help!

What am I talking about?!! Well, I nearly dont dare say it....."I went to see MAMMA MIA again last night!! This will be my 6th time. I went with my girls group from church.

We are a group of girls from church who every now and then meet together for a girls night. (though we missed you Rhona and Laura.) We usually hold it in one of our homes. We take turns and the deal is that we are not allowed to clean the house or stress out - take us as you find us attitude. One person makes a starter, someone makes a dessert, someone brings drinks, someone makes the main course and another the salad etc....and we have a cosy evening together. Great fun.

Well last night we decided to go out and eat for a change, then go see Mamma Mia, since none of them had seen it. (Mamma Mia came back to our wee local cinema for a few days) We went to eat in this wee cafe in our town. I have never tried the food there, but it was delicious and it was very reasonable. (I think I should write a book about the cafés and restaurants in our area - I love tryinig them out! haha)

We took so long over the meal and forgot the time that we had to literally run to the cinema. We got there just as the film was starting. The cinema was packed and we had to sit in the second row - not the best seats in the house! But it was ok. We all came out of the cinema feeling happy and young again!! It really is a feel good film (know you might not agree with that Rhoda!!)

So that is why I think I need professional help - I think I am a little addicted to it - dont you think?!

While I´m at it I have just one more confession here - I´m going to see it again middle of November. It comes to the cinema in the next town and it´s the SING-A-LONG version. Oh I can hardly wait!!

Any of you girls that can make it over here between 17th -21st November are most welcome - we could go see it together, Christmas shop in Copenhagen.....go for hot chocolate in my wee french cafe....anyone tempted??? haha

7 comments:

lisa said...

Im very tempted but cant afford it! We have a credit crunch going on here and its seriously affecting my spending sprees!!! Not good for someone who thrives on retail therapy! But at least Christmas is coming so I get to spend without feeling guilty! Cant wait to get back on my feet properly & hit the shops - yey!

Re: your addiction - I think you need to wean yourself of it gently, maybe only watch it once a month then once every 2 months and so on until you are completely cured! What do you think?

Charlene said...

Enjoy it Laura - we all have our little (or big) addictions. Go as many times as you like and enjoy it! Life's too short.

As for a visit I'd love to. Just don't know how I'd manage it though. But then again you never know - stranger things have happened.

Laura said...

Ah well can at least dream girls that we can get together. I know what you mean Lisa about not affording it. There is actually no really cheap tickets at the minute cause I would love to fly home for a long weekend - but its like £130 so that´s not that cheap - if it had been £40 I would be on the plane and hold my own Mammia Mia party in Kitchener street!! haha

Oh Charlene I really do enjoy it - I think why I like that film so much is because the 3 older ladies in it remind me of you lot from richview....the sort of friendship we had/have - them singing, having a laugh, I think it just takes me back to when we all had fun together, same sort of mentally - crazy!!! ....and how these 3 in the film are still friends after many years - real friends....I guess that´s why i like it, it reminds me of my "real" friends - you lot!!

Laura said...

Charlene you have to see it when it comes out - I think you would like it....the music is brilliant and the dancing and the scenery...wow

Rhoda said...

I don't doubt it is a feel good film Laura - it just didn't feel good to me!!!!!!
Actually I bought the ABBA gold CD, which has all the songs from the film on it, and it is . . . . . . . . . . . BRILLIANT! I love it, love the music, and boy it fair helps get the house work done! You can't dither about with it on - great for exercising to as well:-)
I'm sure someone could have told you about the beginning of the film - if you had missed it:-)
Speaking of films, I've just bought Jack Nicholson "The bucket list' - I've never seen it, so hopefully this Saturday night we'll watch it.

Laura said...

It is soooo good Rhoda - I loved the bucket list!! Let me know what you think. Think that is one you will enjoy. Off to work now

Stuart and Pauline said...

Laura, absolutely seek some counselling. I think Rhoda may be able to help you with that one. I'm sure she could come up with quite a few healthy suggestions.

I quite liked the look of The Bucket List. Might give it a go at some point.