Sunday 19 October 2008

A Wonderful Sunday

It has really been a wonderful Sunday. The weather was absolutely brilliant - blue skies and sunshine. We went to church this morning and it was a wonderful service, especially the worship and prayer time. (very special!)


We came home and had some lunch before driving Leah over to the local riding school to visit some horses she is very fond off. Kristian and I then headed out for a walk around the area. It was just too good to stay indoors all afternoon.


When we came home I decided that I would play a little piano and then got this crazy idea that I would video some of my songs for you people to hear (oh you poor folks!!)


Well I was talking to my friend Charlene about it the other week and promised that some day I would get around to putting some of my songs on. So here is the moment.....


I really cant sing - honestly!! (I am all out of breath! - getting older, dont have the same puff that I had in my younger day! haha) Well, just listen to the words. I hope that they will bless your heart in some way.


Here are the words: There´s no-one like you Lord - Who can satisfy the longing in my soul - Only you God, can cleanse and make me whole - There´s no one like you Lord - You are loving kind and good in all your ways - And your mercy flows down to me this day - There´s nothing that´s impossible for you oh Lord to do - So to you now I give my life - Only to serve you - There´s no one like you Lord - Who can give me peace and joy along the road - Help in times of need with my heavy load - There´s no one like you Lord - Who can satisfy the longing in my soul - Only you God - Only you can satisfy my soul.


We have finally decided on a name for the kitten. Are you ready? It´s Shadow. After getting to know her for a week we think the name suits her. Everytime we´ve been cleaning or tidying up she has followed us all around just like a wee shadow. Andrew came up with the name and it was one we all liked. So Shadow it is.

We have all really fallen in love with this wee kitten. She has such a nice nature, (so far) and we have sooo much fun playing with her. The best thing is when she jumps up for a cuddle - she literally goes dead on your knee, except for the purring....ah it really does your heart good.

Now the holidays are over so it´s back to that time again - yes, I have to go make lunches again!! YUK!!!

9 comments:

Lorraine said...

What can I say, Laura. I love it. You are so special honey. You really are.

Laura said...

yeah - special in the weird sense!! haha (I know!)

Hey Lorraine have you ever drew with pastels?? Sharon bought me a pack and I am having a great time with them. I have never tried drawing with pastels before and its great fun. Have a lot to learn about the technic - really dont know what I am doing, but I am having fun doing it....let me know if you have, or if you have any tips at all.

Rhoda said...

Laura that song is beautiful - well done lass! And well done too for being brave enough to sing on the blog:-)
Really enjoyed it.

What a girl - she can sing, play the piano, compose music, draw, take beautiful pictures (that tree was stunning!), teach us all about romance, make people's birthdays really special, and has time to update her blog nearly every day! (Just a shame she loves Mamma Mia - I guess we all have at least one weak link!)

Shadow's a great name - I'm sure she'll give you lots and lots of fun:-)

Enjoy the packed lunches!

Rhoda said...

PS Glad you had a nice Sunday in Denmark, it was blowing a gale here! I still forced myself to go out for a walk in it, and actually enjoyed it when I got to the park, so much so, that I phoned David and told him what he was missing!

Charlene said...

Hiya Laura

You have no idea how much I want to be there with you!(but it would NOT enhance the song-be assured) That was so good Laura. The words are beautiful, just what I needed this morning. I'm having one of those days when I feel there is too much to do and I'm left to do it all. Wish it was 1985, with not a care in the world and GB tonight.

Stuart and Pauline said...

Laura that was beautiful. I think you would really enjoy it at our church. We have a song writing group. Every now and again they have an open evening workshop when anyone interested in song writing can go along and listen to the new songs and then have a chance to write yourself. You'd love it.

Laura said...

Thanks you guys - nice of you to say those things.

I just enjoyed writing and composing different songs over the last year and a half...I have never tried it before and I wrote many songs. Some are not soooo good and I dont really like them, others I like better.

I mean they are not Hillsong standard or anything like that, but I wrote them after reading bible verses that spoke to me, or if I was struggling with something.
It was sort of my quiet time with God - my prayers up to Him or my praise for things He was doing in my life.

I havent written for a while.....must get back to it again. I stopped when I started my diet thing!! Hadnt time to do everything....so I just concentrated on the the diet and fitness and dropped the evenings of sitting at the piano.

I wished you had off been here too Charlene. I have been trying to find a harmony for this song and I get it in some places but then cant figure it out other places...now you were always good at harmony - you have a natural talent for that.

Ok better go make the lunches again...How I hate that - I really, honestly hate making lunches....It´s my thorn in the flesh!

Charlene said...

I have the harmony Laura. I was singing "with you" this morning for about half an hour. It was great!

Can't wait for the next one!

Laura said...

Cant you record yourself charlene and put it on our blog, then I can have some fun singing the melody while you do the harmony. It would be just like old times!!!