Tuesday 7 October 2008

New teeth for Anne

My crazy friend Anne came by this evening. The door bell rang and when I opened it there was Anne standing with a huge smile, showing off a "new" set of teeth. How funny she looked. How we laughed - so we just had to get a picture of the new Anne!!

What is she like!!! She is just soooo crazy and so much fun to be with! We just sat and talked, laughed, drank hot chocolate and tea and ate wee buns! (It was your receipe Pauline and they tasted even better tonight - I ate 5!! I am now not in the mood for wee buns for a loooong time!!! ) Thanks for a fun night Anne.

Sara came home from work. She works in a really exspensive shoe shop after school on a Tuesday and Thursday. Well today she had bought new boots from there. She had got 50% off them. Even with the discount they cost her £80!!!! Now that´s what I call mad!! (Now spending £80 on books would be a hold other matter - it would be money well spent if you asked me!) Funny how we are all different! Anyway, she bought them with money that she had gotten from friends and family on her birthday.

She wasn´t sure if she had gotten a size too small, so she was wearing them for ½ hour, around the house, to see how they felt. Whenever she had to get them off it became a major job! It took 3 off us to hold her, pull her, and tug at her before the boots finally came off!! (But how much fun we had doing all that!) Sara, I think you need to take them back on Thursday and get the next size up! :-)

8 comments:

Stuart and Pauline said...

Don't think I've ever spent £80 on any item of clothing before!!! Hope she gets a size that fits. It would be a shame for her to have them and never be able to wear them, especially at that price.

Laura said...

I know Pauline!! I would NEVER spent £80 on a pair of boots or on clothes - I pay at the most £30 on shoes (I got brilliant puma running shoes on sale for £30 otherwise I would not buy them!) But on a trip to england one year I think I spent £70 on books. Everyday I was buying books and hiding them so Kristian couldnt find them. We were flying home again so we didnt have the room for soooo many books. In the end I had to get Kristians sister to take them home in her car - I had bought sooooo many.

The same when we go on holiday. Kristian says 2 or 3 books cause we only have a small car and there is no room. But I go and hid books everywhere in the car, under Kristians seat, undermine, in the glove department, down the side of cases...get the kids to sit on them hahaha....He cracks up with me! haha

Charlene said...

You should treat yourselves sometime girls to an expensive piece of clothing or shoes, even if it's just once! Life's too short to miss out on that one.

lisa said...

Hello everyone! I spent £65 on a Hilfiger jumper yesterday but it was birthday money or I never could have afforded it. My most expensive treat is my Kitchenaid mixer, I wont even put the price on or I will scare myself all over again! Thats another reason Ronnie loves me baking - to make sure the mixer starts paying for itself!

Rhoda said...

Laura are you telling me that you really change clothes half way through an evening? In the first two pictures you are wearing a blue denim top, and in the last picture a green one!

Could Anne do anything other than laugh with her teeth?:-)

I have to be honest - well no I don't but I will anyway! I would spend £80 on boots! Buy rubbish clothes if you want, but look after your feet - that's my maxim. I hope Sara got the right size.

You might have noticed I taken your links of my page - really a security thing, although I can be careful about I write on my own blog, I'm not always so careful what I write on others - so you've all now been bookmarked instead! Honestly this cautious side, doesn't suit me at all!!!!!

Oh by the way I missed the chat on Sat night. Well I was enjoying live chat, but when my friends left, I did check in - but you had all gone to bed early!

Laura said...

well done for noticing Rhoda!! I did actually change blouses after Anne came. It was because my blouse stank of bonfire. I had it on at work and we were out making pancakes and soup over the fire and off course there was lots of smoke. I thought I would spare Anne having to smell a stinkie me all night. haha

Laura said...

P.S. Didnt have time to change before she came. Got in late, needed to make dinner and clear up and then she came just as I was about to change. So the first ones are me with the stinkie denium blouse!! hahaha Cant believe you noticed that! I actually mentioned it to Anne - I said "people will be wondering why I have changed and I joked that I should change my blouse everytime we took a picture!" didnt do that though.

Rhoda said...

I would have noticed and commented!