Wednesday 15 October 2008

We should have got it on video...

Wish we had turned on the video camera while we were eating dinner tonight.

Sara and Winnie arrived back from the summer house. We were all sitting eating dinner and having a really good chat when suddenly I screamed "AHHHH" and shocked everyone. What happened? Well, the cat had gone under the table without us noticing. It had jumped up unto my lap from under the table and scared the life out of me (well, its claws scared me!). I screamed which in turn scared the cat. The cat then jumped from my lap unto Kristians. (this is all happening under the table - so no one else really knows what is going on!) This in turn scared the wits out of him, (again it was the claws.) He was about to take a drink of coke but instead jumped and flung the coke all over me. This all happened within seconds of each other. Hahahaha

The best thing was the kids faces. They didnt know what was happening. They just sat there in stunned silence with mouths open for a few seconds before we all laughed soooo much that we were crying. It was really hilarious! Now that was one moment we really should have had on film!

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

You're all nuts!!!

I'd love to have seen that though. I've been laughing for about 10 minutes!

Rhoda said...

Oh Laura, that is hilarious! It reminds me of about 4 years ago, friends were going to Pakistan and they had no one to keep their cat for the 3 months. Finally I said we would have him on a night's trial, to see how he got on with Malin. David was delighted to have the cat for the overnight.

In the middle of the night I woke up with a scream. "What's wrong?" asked David very anxiously. "Get that cat off my pillow" So my big brave husband got the cat off my pillow. Back to sleep. "Aaagh the cat is back, get him away from me!" David was even less patient the second time than the first!!!

In the morning I was taking the cat back to my friends, en route to work. "David, the cat is in the wardrobe, you'll have to get him out, for I'm not touching him"

"For goodness sake, we can't keep this cat, and it's nothing to do with Malin, it's you!!!!" Grunted my understanding husband.

I took the cat back and said to Andrew "That's fine, we'll keep the cat while you're gone"!!! (Even I who really was scared of cats - their claws - could not see the poor wee cat being abandoned to a cattery for 3 months! I did actually grow to be quite fond of him, and by the end of the time he & Malin were sharing a bed!)

Stuart and Pauline said...

That would've been good to catch on video. My mother-in-law says I should tape a wee camera to my forehead to catch everything that Alice gets up to.

lisa said...

The kids must have been thinking 'what are our mad parents up to now'! Just watch your skin whenever the kitten gets up to lie on your knee and does that kneading thing with its paws - ouch!!!