Tuesday 21 October 2008

Watch out - Anne´s about!!

When Anne is around crazy things happen!

Anne and I decided to go on a girls night out this evening but weren´t quite sure what to do. We didnt really want to go and see a film, cause then we cant talk! Anyway there wasn´t any films we wanted to see.


We finally came up with a plan. We would go to dinner and then head into Ikea!!!!

So at 5.30pm we headed out leaving both our husbands at home to make dinner for the family. We went to this restaurant not too far from us. It is such a cosy place and very cheap. We had a 3 course meal for about £13 (including a Ginger Ale - now that´s not bad!!) The food was great and we had a blast chatting and laughing.

After a few hours there we headed into Ikea to have a quick look around. We had a few laughs in there too...

We came to this area in Ikea, were there were shelves with loads of shoes on them. (It really looked like a shoe shop!) Well I thought Ikea had now gotten a shoe department, but off course, Anne explained it was just for decoration.


Well, I then got this crazy idea that I should go over to one of the people that work in Ikea, take one of the shoes with me and ask if they had it in a size 40. (They say little amuses the innocent, so Anne and I must be very innocent!! ) This set us off on a laughing fit! Every time I tried to go over and talk to the sales girl, we would double over with laughter. In the end I gave up. It would only really be funny if I could keep my face straight and ask the question really seriously and I just couldnt!!! Ah well, maybe I can practise so that next time I am in I can actually go through with it.

I bought myself a cake tin tonight!! (springform!) Girls, you are really getting to me with all this baking, I would NEVER normally buy such things!! But I am going to give this new cake receipe a go, then I can post it for all you baking experts to try!

We came home from Ikea on a high. Anne had a quick cup of tea before heading home to her wee family.

Now I am about to head into bed - it´s been a busy, long day. But a very enjoyable one!!

1 comment:

Rhoda said...

Oh Laura, I wish you had been able to do that - that would have been hilarious! I can just imagine it! Especially if you got a salesperson with no sense of humour!!!! (And I'm not sure you can blame Anne!!!!!!!)

It reminds me of many years ago, and the huge crowd of us, used to go to Portstewart on a Saturday or Sunday night. One night as we were walking on the front, Elaine Smyth stopped and said "No body move, I'll lost my contact lens" Now we all knew she did not wear contact lenses - but there we were all joining in on this search for the missing non-existent contact lens. Then this really kind wee man came up with a tiny piece of glass in his hand and said "Is this what you were looking for?" Elaine thanked him very kindly with a very straight face, while the rest of us were doubled up with laughter!