Monday 23 March 2009

Did you know....

Did you know that you could eat Tulip petals?? I didn´t!

Last week at work, one of the teachers bought me some tulips as a thank you for doing her a wee favour. I love tulips (hint, hint Kristian!! haha) and enjoyed having them on my table all week.

Then today at work my colleagues told me you could eat the petals. I had never heard of this, (but then again I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer!) so I thought they were having me on. Anyway, I decided to be brave and give it a try. My colleagues kept telling me that they tasted really good and you know what? They did. They were actually really delicious. So on Friday night, when we are watching X-factor, theres no more sweets for me, I will just order a bunch of tulips to sit and nibble on! haha - now wouldnt that be a sight!!

Its been a busy but good Monday. After work I went, along with my colleague, to visit her mum and dad. They had heard about me (dont ask me what they had heard) but they wanted to meet me, so they invited me for cake and tea. We had a lovely afternoon with them. Ate far too much cake - but it was delicious - loads of cream and marcipan....YUMMIE!!

After that I went shopping for my old lady friend. Popped by to see how she was, put the shopping away and washed up a few dishes...finally arrived home at 6pm. Leah arrived home 15 minutes later and 15 minutes after that we were all sitting together eating dinner. All that is, except Kristian and Sara. We miss them. I miss them!! I cant wait to see them again on Thursday!!

4 comments:

Charlene said...

Well done you for trying the tulips Laura. Now you've tried tulips - what other bush tucker are you going to try next????? Maybe grub or cochroach. Ha ha.

By the the way how do you think turkish delight gets its rose flavour?

Laura said...

I know Rose petals are also meant to be nice....must give that a go sometime

lisa said...

Good luck with the roses, just dont go eating any wet-the-beds!!!!

Rhoda said...

Or saffron - from crocuses.

Iranian cookery uses Rose Water as well, it is lovely.