Friday 6 March 2009

Oh I forgot...

I forgot to tell you what happened in Ikea on Monday...

Last time I was in there they had set up a new display for shelves and it was set up like a shoe shop. They had shoes and boots displayed everywhere. (I knew they were just for display, just the way they have loads of books in a living room display.) Anyway last time we were in my friend and I talked about going over to one of the assistants and asking for a certain in shoe in another size. But we couldnt do it for laughing.

Well on Monday we did it. It was hilarious. I took one of the shoes down and found this really nice sales assistant. "Excuse me, would you have this shoe in a size 40" He looked at me weirdly and then very nicely said "Sorry but those shoes are only for display - we dont sell shoes." as he gave me a really sorrowful look.

I then couldnt keep my face straight any longer...I said - "I know, I´m sorry but I just couldnt resist doing that - and you were so nice to me." We told him about how we had wanted to do that for a while. He laughed with us and took it all very well.

Later we were in the bedroom department - there in one of the wardrobes was loads of clothes. I said to my friend " How about taking them out and then finding a sales assistant and asking where the changing rooms are!!" That set us off again in a laughing fit. (I know little amuses me!) Unfortunately we couldnt find one. We will have to just try that one next time!!!

5 comments:

lisa said...

You are as mad as a big mad thing!!

Charlene said...

Have you forgotten about tonight Laura? It's the 1st Staurday in the month!!!

Ruth said...

Oh Laura you are barking love! But sooo funny x

Laura said...

Ooops I totally forgot it was the 1st Saturday in the month. Sorry everyone...how could I forget that!!????? I had to go and serve at a dinner tonight so I was first home a little after midnight...oh dear...why didnt I check in then I maybe could have caught some of you. Ok we will have to arrange a new chat night, this will just not do!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi. Like the way you do the catering. Would like Anne & you to come to do a big Easter social,for 80 guests on Good Friday. Part of the menu would be toasted bread, some guests may like it light, others may prefer Black,(I see black is your speciality)All travelling expenses taken care off.
Let me know if you cane oblige. Regards. JR.