Monday 30 March 2009

Summer time

It´s now offically summer time, so Leah and I thought it was about time we tried to learn a bit of French.


This evening we got out the "Learn French" disc and got it installed on the computer. (Now this was no easy task -believe me!! The disc I have is about 12 years old so it wouldnt play on the newer computers in the house. Leah has an old computer that Kristian put together for her from old pieces of everybody elses broken computers. Thankfully the disc worked on that, but her poor computer couldnt keep up, so after about 20 minutes it went blank! Bit like the rest of us when we get up in years - it needed a wee rest.)


We did get to learn some words before the computer went blank and now we are having fun walking around the house asking each other "Where is the train station?" "Where is the bank?" Once the computer rests for a while it should be up and running again by tomorrow.


Kristian took a bit of a video just as we were getting started. We didnt even realise he was filming - we were so involved in our new language!! (and working out how the programme worked!) haha

We sure did have fun!

5 comments:

Karen Templeton said...

Good job Laura! Half of Allan's family speak French and you would think after 13 years together I would have picked up a word or two...but it hasn't happened yet!

Laura said...

haha Karen it is so hard, I cant get my tongue around the sounds!!

I cant believe we learnt French at school and I cant remember any of it!! Although I was never any good at it - if I remember right I was always in detention on a Friday lunchtime.

lisa said...

Ha ha you headcase!!! Ive tried to teach myself German, but never get the chance these days to practice - just as well though, Im awful!!

Rhoda said...

Well 10 out of 10 for trying . . . I think the French would say very trying:-)

Come on Laura you can do it, French is after all the language of love!

Anonymous said...

Leah. "Pally voo fons ay" Do you know what this is? Glad to see you are taking after granda for learning new langages He He. keep it up. Love you. Granda