Wednesday 4 March 2009

Half way there!!

Unbelievable...its already Wednesday!! Where has the week gone!??

Monday evening I headed out to Ikea with my friend Audry. We were last there in November so we had a great night walking around. I got 8 new mugs for about £3.50!! Now thats what I call a bargin!! When Ikea finally closed we headed over to McDonalds and sat and chatted. It was nearly 11pm when I finally got home!

Tuesday after work I went to visit one of the old people that I used to go to when I worked in Home Care. We were going to town shopping. I went by to help her down her steps and then we headed out. It was sooo nice to see her again. She hasnt been well for a few months and was not up to having visitors, so we had a lot of catching up to do. I had a lovely afternoon with her.

I came home to make dinner and then disaster happened. The dishwasher broke. It is totally dead!! So we are back to washing up by hand!! (Now I realise how spoilt I have been all these years!)

Today Leah started horse riding. She had a great time. She had to be there for 4 o´clock. We thought we would have to take the train and bus but Kristian was able to leave work early so we could, at least for today, have the car. The place was sooo cosy. The people were friendly and she has already learnt alot after just one lesson.

I really enjoyed being there too. Just going into the stables - the smell of hay and horses was soooo wonderful! (I was back living on Kristians brothers farm again.Memories came flooding back!) It was really cold so after a while I went and sat in the car and read my book. Sort of a nice way to spend a Wednesday afternoon!

It might have been a great lesson but 50 minutes on a horse has its consquences. She now has a sore bum and legs and is lying on the sofa dead to the world.

4 comments:

Charlene said...

What a great hobby. I love horseriding, although I haven't been in years (couldn't subject the poor animals to that - I'd get "done" for animal cruelty). Do you remember the night we went to Castlewellan with the YPs? Kathleen Spence's horse wouldn't stop eating grass, Nigel's horse took off and he couldn't stop it! (I'm nearly wetting myself here, the tears are rolling down my face!) and Philip fell off his horse and fractured his elbow.
I will never forget the look on Nigel's face Laura, I thought being brought up in Raffery he at least would have been on a horse a few times if not show jumping standard. I think he could have done with a change of underwear at the end of his little gallop. Ha ha ha ha ha.....

Laura said...

hahahah thanks for giving me a laugh soooo early in the morning Charlene!! hahahaha I can just see it all before my eyes!! hahaha

lisa said...

Sounds hilarious! Wish I'd been there, love a good laugh! Leah did very well, its good they gave her 'old faithful' to begin on. Its put me in the mood to go riding again but cant afford it at the minute, I'd want to go all the time, then I'd want to get a horse - it would be like a housing estate in Dublin with a horse in the garden!!!

lisa said...

Hey Laura - its Friday!!!!!!!