Monday 9 March 2009

Spring is on the way...

...well at least that is what I am hoping. Yes - me who loves the winter and the dark nights. I am actually now looking forward to spring. I think its because today I got a little taste of spring. This morning when I woke there was frost outside...so it wasnt that that got me in the spring mood. It was the fact that is was light outside when I biked it to the station. I didnt need any lights this morning. It was soooo wonderful.

Then this afternoon when I left work the sun was shining and it was just such a beautiful afternoon. I needed to go shopping. Kristian and Sara were going to visit the people who lent her their go-cart, last year, for the whole go-kart season. (They had an extra one in their garage that wasnt being used, so they said Sara could borrow it. ) So Kristian and Sara wanted to take a gift down to them to say thanks for the year that was gone.

Off course who gets the job of finding a gift - yeah, me! But then again I am not complaining cos I love to do things like that. So after work I walked through the forest up to town. It was just soooo beautiful. I wish I had of had my camera with me. (Must remember to put it in my bag.) I enjoyed the scenery sooo much.

I then spent a few hours walking around town having a look in all sorts of shops. I knew I didnt need to rush home as Leah was away at a friends house from school. It was really nice just to window shop.

I then found some things for the present...sweets, chocolate, drinks and a couple of films. We made a movie basket for them, only the basket was an old go-kart tyre cut in half....thought it was appropriate for go-kart people.




So Kristian and Sara are now off visiting the people, while Leah, Andrew and I are relaxing here at home. I actually shouldnt be relaxing, but should be getting my lesson ready for tomorrow. I have to take the school assembly.....so I better say goodbye for this time.


2 comments:

Charlene said...

Hi Laura,

Sounds lovely - the weather here is improving too unfortunately the mood of the people isn't. In the last 48hrs we've had two british soldiers murdered at Antrim barracks and a policeman murdered in Craigavon. Times to get on our knees I think!

The cut tyre was a brill idea - aren't you clever

lisa said...

Glad you had a lovely day, its great that spring is on the way, the clocks change this month, making it daylight for even longer, fantastic!

As Charlene said, things are a bit grim here at the minute, 3 people killed and at least 4 injured in the space of 2 days, not good at all, heres hoping thats the end of it.