Monday 2 March 2009

Now where did that weekend go???

I would like to know where the weekend went - it just seemed to fly by.



Friday started early for me....like 1.08am!! I was woken by Sara. "MUM - I am sick, I have just thrown up over the living room floor, I couldnt make it to the bathroom!!" What a mess there was. (She had been out with her friend and her family to eat at a restaurant. On the way home she started to feel funny. Wen she came home she went straight to bed but woke up a few hours later feeling terrible.) She was sick all night long. Finally got into bed around 2am but at 4.04am I was woken again. I got an SMS from her - I have thrown up 5 times!! What a night. Well through it all God taught me something and I got a talk out of it for my Sunday introduction in church....so it wasnt all in vain.



Friday evening we had guests. Kristians old colleagues came for dinner. I made the most delicious food (even if I say so myself!!) I really surprised myself, everything tasted soooo good and on top of that I made 2 pavolas and a cheese cake and they were all absolutely to die for!! (Dont ask me how I did it - it was a miracle anything turned out after the little sleep that I had the night before.) We had a great evening with his old colleagues, although at midnight I was going a bit cross eyed...it was hard to stay awake. Finally at 2am they all headed home.



(Photo of Capernwray Hall - great place to go on holiday!)

Saturday we went to visit Krisitans sister Hanne and her husband Flemming. They had Mark Thomas from Capernwray Hall Bible School visiting them. He comes every year on his way to the Bible school in Sweden, so every year we go and visit Hanne and Flemming, get some great food and have a chance to catch up with Mark and all the news from Capernwray. (Kristian went to Bible school at Capernwray so it has a special place in his heart.) Home late again Saturday night.



Sunday after church Leah and I went to visit our friends Laura and Mia. We had a great afternoon with them and made some wonderful chocolate chip cookies!! YUMMIE!! We were home in time to eat leftovers from Friday evening, which was great, no cooking just re-heating!! Another great day....



....then it was getting ready for the start of a new week - and that was the end of that weekend. Whew!!

3 comments:

Charlene said...

Wow do you ever stop girl? Every time I read your bloig I feel like I'm the laziest person ever to live. I don't do anything at all. That's probably why I'm so addicted to your blog - it makes me feel all energentic without moving from the computer!!! ha ha
I think I should move to Denmark and hang out with you!

Laura said...

Charlene you can come anytime!! I would love it and while we do lots of energentic things we can sing!! haha

Rhoda said...

Laura, finally sat down and read your blog properly. Now you know the secret of putting together a really successful meal - be up all of the night before!!!!!!

I guess it'll be a while before Sara goes back to that restaurant eh?!

It really was a busy weekend eh - back to work for a rest!