Saturday 28 March 2009

Tea for two...

This was a Friday night with a difference. Usually all the kids are home, we get cosy with our sweets, crisps and cola and we watch X-factor. Well this Friday was different. Leah was going to stay with her friend Mia, Sara was going to her friend Magnus and Andrew was going over to Thomas. Suddenly it was just Kristian and me that would be home for dinner and Xfactor.



We had to drive Leah and Sara to their different friends, so we decided we would get a bit dressed up, and after leaving them off, head out on a date night together. We dropped the girls off and then decided to try a local restaurant in our town and just give X-factor a miss.



However as we drove to our town we both were unsure about what we really wanted to do. We just couldnt decide if we really wanted to miss X-factor. In the end we decided, we would try one of the local pizzerias that we hadnt tried and just head home for X-factor, it was afterall the final. (We are such loyal fans!)




And so thats what we did. We got two different pizzas so we could share. They were delicious. We sat in front off the TV and ate them while watching Friends. It was sooo cosy. Then X-factor started. It was such a good show and to top it the guest group to sing was Take That. I loved Take That when they were out all those years ago. So I must admit, I went a bit crazy!!


Our favourite singer won! We had voted for her right from the start. Kristian actually knows her. She sang in a gospel choir that he went to Italy with about 7 years ago.(Kristian was the guest sax player) She belonged to the local Pentecostal church at that time.



If you want to have a listen, check her out below. I love her singing this song! Here´s Linda......


6 comments:

lisa said...

Wow - what a voice!!! She is brilliant. Sounds a bit like me when I sing in the shower lol!!!!!

Rhoda said...

Bet you and Kristian find you have more and more Friday/Saturday nights when it's just the two of you:-)

Yeah she sure does have a great voice, and I would just like to say that I agreed with all the comments the judges made about her - I think they summed her performance up perfectly . . . . . !!!!!

Loved the pictures from the Belgium trip - since when would a wee bit of snow stop the Vikings eh?! Still can't believe how alike the two girls are. Have you noticed Winnie has a very particular 'pose' for the camera - a sort of sideways look? I'm sure if you go back and look at other photos of her you'll see what I mean. It's really cute, and she really suits it! (And I'm glad she has it, for it helps to tell the difference between them!)

So how did they actually get on in Belgium? I mean where did they finish, and were they racing against eachother?

Laura said...

Its funny rhoda, but Kristian and I were just talking about that this morning. We were saying how our Friday nights and Saturday mornings were going to be more and more like this - quiet with just the 2 of us!!

Glad you liked her voice girls. Wow your danish is really good Rhoda!! haha (the two men judges all the other weeks gave her a hard time...she did perfect performances and they always found something to complain about, but this time they just sang her praises! the lady judge could not believe it!)

Ja Winnie does have a certain pose. Isnt it scary how alike they are...and the thing is Winnies surname is Rasmussen too!!
(Now is that spooky or what!!)They didnt actually race...they were just down training. So they didnt have any positions....just lots of fun. I dont think the two girls will race against each other, they are in two different classes....something to do with what motor/cart you have...I think.

Rhoda said...

I knew there was something else I was going to ask you! When you said you voted for her, did you mean you actually paid for the phonecall to register you vote (find that hard to believe!!!!!) or did you you just vote for her in your own living room?

Laura said...

NO I sent an sms - it only cost 1kr about 8p. I thought it was worth that!! haha Kristian and I faithfully sms´ed our vote and last night we did it twice!! (shock!!)

Charlene said...

Glad you enjoyed your cosy night in! Here's to many more....only thing is what do you talk about when the kids aren't in? I suppose you could always talk about where they are, what they're up too and what time they'll be home! ha ha