Saturday 21 March 2009

When the cats away....


Today started with Leah and me going food shopping. Then it was home to clean up and clear out. Leah was such a great help! She cleared out all my kitchen cupboards and got them all organised. Lets see how long I can keep them organised!

Then this evening Anne was coming by for dinner. I decided to pull out all the stops and make a 3 course meal. For starters we had Lentil and Carrot soup with crusty bread. Then I served pasta with chicken done in a tomatoe sauce with basil and lots of cheese. Along with that we ate salad. For dessert we had pancakes and ice cream served with chocolate sauce! Yummie - it was really good. I surprised myself - nothing went wrong!!



When Anne arrived I thought she was moving in! She had her suit case with her. However it wasnt full of clothes, instead she had packed lots of fun things to amuse us on a Saturday evening. Things like a Wii machine and Play Station.....


Well you know the saying - when the cats away the mice will play. Well us "mice" really did to get play tonight. Well have a look for yourselves....


After all the dressing up was over we got the Wii machine out. Unfortunately Anne had forgotten the adapter to plug it in...so the Wii was packed down into the case again and the Play Station taken out for some karaoke.

We discovered tonight how talented we are - so we are seriously considering entering the next X-factor. But dont take my word for it, judge for yourself.....


Whew all that singing made us hungry again, so it was time for pancakes and ice cream.

In the middle of all the chaos and noise Shadow slept peacefully on top of the cupboard in the kitchen.
Thanks Anne for a fun night. I sure excerised my laughing muscles.

I got an sms from Kristian this evening. They finally arrived in Belgium after a long journey. Driving with a trailer means you cant drive fast, so it was really looooong for them.
They were hungry and tired but otherwise doing great.


6 comments:

lisa said...

Are you available for weddings and barmitzvah's???

Laura said...

Absolutely - but we are not cheap!!

Rhoda said...

No Laura you demand a high fee . . . to stop!!!! LOL

I think Shadow is one very wise cat:-)

Leah is obviously the sensible one - I should tell you it's usually the kids who get dressed up and sing into mics . . .


Did Andrew disappear for the night? He thought "Oh no, my mum and her crazy friend are here, I'm going out for some sanity"

Laura said...

Yeah - Andrew knows what Anne and i are like, so disappeared over to his friend Thomas. Came home later and had a good laugh at our videos.

Leah couldnt wait till Anne came. She loves having her here, she has such a blast just hanging out with her...so it was a true girls night!!

Charlene said...

What a hoot Laura! You singing Uptown Girls brought back memories of standing on the corner of Pembroke Street singing our heads off! Christmas '84 if my memory serves me well.

Charlene said...

We're on at the same time laura! Well you know what they say great minds and all that - just don't mention the fools bit,