Tuesday 17 March 2009

Roll on Friday




















...at least that is what Sara and Kristian are wishing.


On Friday they head off to Belgium with Winnie and her brother. They will arrive Saturday, late afternoon. Sunday they will be spectators at an international go-kart race and then Monday they start a 3 day training camp, along with a lot of other Danish go-kart drivers.



Yesterday (Monday) Kristian was away getting the cart ready. Sara and I got things ready for the trip, like booking hotel rooms! (just a minor detail!) We found some really cheap ones, which was great!!



So Monday went with the planning and organising of the Belgium trip.



Today I came home late. One of "my" old people from my time in Home care called me. She had fallen last week and was still not feeling the best. She had hardly any food left and was wondering if I could shop for her. So after work I headed to town to get her some essentials.



I then went home to her and spent a few hours with her, just talking and helping with some practical things. She was just so appreciative. I get so annoyed sometimes at the governments home care/health care system. So many rules and regulations, the health carers hardly have time to do anything for the old people anymore. I loved my time in the home care/health care place but I did get annoyed at all the rules, many of them, I felt took away care from the old people. It was nice just to be there today without having to worry about the rules of what we were allowed to do and not do!



It was really windy today so I was so happy when Kristian rang me just as I was leaving the old persons house. He was wondering where I was. Ahhhh!! (Nice to be missed!) He then came in the car and got me so I didnt have to bike it home in the wind. (The bike was stuck unto the back of the car, so I have it for tomorrow again!)



Now back to this Belgium trip - I am secretly wishing I could go too. I have never been to Belgium...(only drove through it once on our way to France) so suddenly tonight I got a keen interest in go-kart! I tried to convince Sara and Kristian that it was my great passion - somehow they didnt buy it!!



Well you cant blame me for trying!!

4 comments:

Etta said...

Well you certainly look the part!

And I hear what you say about the state provision... friend of ours who's very frail was given 15 minutes allocation, enough time to make a cup of tea, toast a slice of bread and put the bin out apparently. Really useful to someone who can't get out to shop or wash clothes, or clean etc. Thank heavens for friends and churches. (She has no family.)

Laura said...

Yeah Etta it is the same with this lady, she has no family and not many friends. She has been isolated for soooo many years. She was knocked down by a drunk driver was totally wrecked from this...cant walk well...so for the last 20-25 years she has been ill, in pain. She is such a lovely lady.

Rhoda said...

So you can't hide yourself in the boot or something?!
Don't you look good in all the gear:-)
Hope they have a great weekend.

lisa said...

Wey hey get you!! Lewis Hamilton watch out!!