Tuesday 21 April 2009

Aerobic time



A few of my friends from church have been wanting to lose weight, some others have just been wanting to get a bit fitter and healthier. So a few weeks ago I got an idea...why not borrow our local church and set up an aerobics class for those who were interested. It would get us fit and at the same time we could have fun and fellowship together.


Yesterday we held our first class! It was fun! I took down my computer, plugged it into the projector and before we knew it we had a life size Rosemary Conley on the wall. We moved back the chairs and while my DVD of Rosemary and her girls played, we followed along. It worked really well!!


Everyone thought it was a great workout - we had fun and people talked about how they actually had energy after doing the aerobics. Each Monday afternoon we will get together and encourage and help each other get fitter!



Last night we had a beautiful sunset. Leah and I went a walk down to her favourite tree (unfortunately my batteries went done and I couldnt get a picture of her tree.) But she has this tree that she loves to climb away up into and sit and write in her diary. Wonder what secrets are hidden in there!! It really is a nice way to end the day going for a walk around the area.

Today has also been a glorious day. After work I went a walk through the forest into the park and lake near my work. I sat there for ½ hour and just enjoyed the sun. Then Kristian came and got me. We were going up to visit some friends from our church. Kristian was borrowing their trailer for Saras go-kart race at the weekend. When we arrived they had coffee and tea ready with cake. Yummie!! Their dog had had puppies and so 9 of the cuties puppies came to greet us. Oh how tempted I was to bring one home!! haha (sorry no picture - my camera was at home!)

10 comments:

lisa said...

What a good idea, the aerobics I mean, not the puppies! Im sure it was a real laugh! I remember one day when my bipolar had just been diagnosed and I was in a really low place, Connor & I went to the toy shop and bought a pair of rollerblades each. Well, they say laughter is the best medicine, and it certainly was that day! We were awful and falling all over the place, but it was the biggest laugh I had had in a long time, I'll remember that day for the rest of my life!

Stuart and Pauline said...

Do you remember we used to regularly go for walks around the area? Up Tates Ave bridge, left onto Lisburn Rd and through the hospital and up the Donegal Rd, then down Donegal Ave and back into our street again. I remember once, you telling me about your rainbow family and how you wanted a child from every nation.

Rhoda said...

What a good idea Laura:-) A whole new ATIC group - Aerobics Together In Church!!!!!!! Ha ha ha

Laura said...

hahaha very good Rhoda!! Funny Pauline I was thinking about the walks we use to do yesterday as I walked through the park grounds. I remember us walking from home up to shaws bridge and then sitting there 15 minutes or so and then turning round and walking home again. We did do lots of walking (and talking) when we were teenagers!!

Lisa I really believe that laughing is the best medicine of all....you dont happen to have a video of that day to give us all a laugh!! haha

lisa said...

No sorry Laura, no video, it was about 5 years ago when we didnt have a camcorder! Pity, it was hilarious!

I remember years ago a few of us hiring bikes out for the day and riding to Shaws Bridge etc, thinking we were so grown up, but I cant remember who it was! Can any of you remember? It was over 20 years ago, now I feel old!!!!

Stuart and Pauline said...

Lisa, I think it was you, me and Graham Dixson. We cycled to Ettah's house, it was Easter Sunday and then went to Shaw's Bridge for a dawn Easter Sunday service. Not sure if we went to Ettah's first or went there afterwards for breakfast. I was probably about 14, so yeah more than 2o years ago!!!!!!!

Gosh, Laura, I don't remember walking to Shaw's Bridge. We did walk a lot, so I'm not surprised we decided to do that. Must have taken us hours. We did have a lot to talk about though!!! Shaw's Bridge is a fab place. Probably one of my favourites. Lorraine and I used to go to Castleward a lot. I keep telling Stuart about it, so must go next time we're over.

lisa said...

Now I remember it Pauline, the dawn Easter service brought it all back, yes it was Graham Dixon who was with us & I remember the breakfast too. Ok, it was more like 25 years ago - wow!!!! Good memories!

Stuart and Pauline said...

Lisa, actually I was having a think and I might have been 17, but that might have been the sponsored walk we did along the toe path from Belfast to Lisburn. I think it was Laura, Kathleen, you and a few others.

lisa said...

Kathleen was there, I remember that, Laura were you there? Gavin & Etta were there too, bits and pieces are coming back to me.

Laura said...

I was there!! I remember that walk from Lisburn to Belfast - nearly killed me!! haha