Tuesday 7 April 2009

Day 2 of Freedom

When I awoke this morning I realised that once again a whole day of freedom lay before me....what bliss!!

Sara was up and about early. Her bags were packed (after about 100 times of taking things out and then putting them in again!) Her receipes were ready and so was her shopping list. Today she was leaving for Belgium! (Cant wait to hear the stories she has to tell when she comes home! Just hope no one gets food poisioning from her cooking!!) Late morning she was ready to catch the train. Before her lay a 5 hour train journey, but she was fit for fight and up for yet another adventure! (Oh to be young again!!)

Talked to her this evening and she had arrived at her destination - a town close to the German border. She enjoyed telling me that she had just had a Subway Melt with bar-be-que sauce. (We cant get Subways here in Denmark!) Must admit we were all rather jealous.

Andrew had plans with his friends, so Leah and I planned a girls day out. We took the train to a big shopping centre that is a bit further away from our town. So its one we dont visit that often. We had a great afternoon. Leah tried on loads of clothes but didnt buy anything. No bargins for us today!


We had a bite to eat before we headed over to the cinema. Its Tuesday so we get 2 into the cinema for the price of 1 (suppose in a way we did pick up a bargin!!). We went to see the film Marley and Me! It was soooo good - must admit I cried at the end and so did half the cinema. Everyone was sniffing and hands were going up to wipe tears from eyes....so I didnt feel too stupid sitting there crying quietly.

Kristian came to pick us up so we didnt have to take the train home again. I was glad he did. As soon as I got into the car I sat and totally cried my eyes out again....this time in a crazy sort of sobbing way. I had cried quietly in the cinema, just letting the tears roll down my cheeks, but there in my own car I could let it all out and I did! It felt good!! Kristian didnt even need to ask if it was a good film - my actions spoke louder than words!

Holidays sure are good!! Now what should I do tomorrow???

1 comment:

Charlene said...

What a wonderful day! I suppose after running around shopping all day and crying half the night you slept like a baby!

Can't wait to here of your next escapade.