Thursday 30 April 2009

Belgium calling....

...once again Belgium called and Sara happily answered.

Tuesday afternoon I spent with Sara getting ready for her 3rd trip, in two months, to Belgium!Once again there is a big go-cart race. Sara was able to hitch a ride with some friends who were going to race. (They had room in their van for 1 more.) She was able to get herself a cheap hotel room together with her friend Christine so all in all the trip is costing her about £50!! (thats with hotel, food and travel for 5 days!!) How does she do it??? I suppose the saying - "Where theres a will there´s a way" is so true, especially in her case.

She left yesterday - Wednesday. She will spend the time watching the races and reporting on it. She is the "offical" journalist for one of the go-cart websites, so she has to follow all the races closely and take notes on how the different people drive, what position they finish etc. So glad I dont have to do it - I would be soooo bored. I really dont know where she gets this love of motorsport - oh well maybe I do!!! The apple doesnt fall far from the tree.....dads tree!!


Talking about trees......on Wednesday afternoon while Leah was at horse riding I popped by my friend Rhona. In her garden she had the most beautiful tree. We sat in the garden drinking tea, well she drank tea, I drank apple cider. We ate the most delicious cake (Rhona is brilliant at making food and baking cakes!) and we enjoyed her beautiful tree! She had just come home from a weekend in Paris with her hubby and so she had lots to tell. It was so wonderful to see her and hear all about her trip. (It was also good to see her wee puppy Abbey - last time I saw her she was so tiny!)


9 comments:

Rhoda said...

Well Sara might have got her father's love for racing, but she's definitely got her mother's skill of getting a bargain! Well done Sara.
She will know that road to Belgium pretty well by now:-) (How did she get on catering by the way? Maybe you've already covered that somewhere & I missed it!)

The tree is lovely - I felt so relaxed looking at that picture.

And Abbey - oh my I want a dog - she's soooooooo cute. I saw a puppy advertised the other night in the paper, but decided against going to see it, for I knew I wouldn't come home without it!

lisa said...

What a lovely place!! Thats a lovely photo of the trees. Changing the subject, but go onto my facebook, grab your hairbrush & checkout the 3 videos Ive posted for you, I only wish I was with you to enjoy them!!

Laura said...

Hi Lisa - I was in checking out the videos!! What a blast from the past hahaha I really enjoyed seeing them - thanks - sang my heart out!! was just missing the ankle warmers!

Hi Rhoda - no I dont think I wrote anything about Sara´s catering job. It actually went really well. They loved her food. But she is not too keen to go with them again - I think the guy drove her bananas cause she realised he had a bit of a crush on her. So when she was off playing football with all the other go-kart players he rang her constantly on the phone and wanted to know where she was - she was getting very annoyed with him!! haha so she found another ride home so she didnt have to travel the whole way home in the car with him as he talked her stupid!! haha but she had a great time - she just had to put him in his place and let him know he didnt own her she was just there to make food.

lisa said...

Good girl for standing up for herself & getting another lift home. The guy sounds a bit creepy phoning Sara all the time when they werent even going out! Weird!!!

Rhoda said...

Ha! So there literally is no such thing as a free lunch . . . even if you are the one making it eh:-)!

I think Sara might have to get used to fending off guys who have a crush on her - she'll probably be an expert at it by the time she's 18!!!!

Laura said...

Dear help the guy who falls for Sara - he will have a job trying to get her. She is totally not romantic - where did I go wrong??!! haha

She already has had a load of guys falling for her. She takes it all in her stride, lets them down gently (she at time gets annoyed that they just dont want to be friends.) She gets on with everyone and is really well liked, even among all her girl friends. She is always sorting out their lives - she is up front with them, so they know where they stand with her.

I think that when she eventually does fall for someone that she is going to fall hard! haha

Charlene said...

Are we on for chat night tonight?

lisa said...

Any wonder she has loads of guys falling for her, I think she is stunning looking and has a fantastic personality. I can hear the hearts breaking all the way over here! The guy who gets her should be very very thankful, she has looks, brains and a love of motorsport - what more can a man ask for!!!!!

Rhoda said...

I'll tell you were you went wrong Laura, you married an unromantic motorsports lover, and his daughter might look like her mother, but she's her father's girl!