Friday 10 April 2009

Come visit Denmark

Today Kristian, Leah and me went out exploring. We picked a place on the map were we had never been and off we went on an adventure. The picnic bag was packed, the cameras were also ready - so off we went!!

We drove for about ½ hour north of where we live. We parked the car and went a walk through the forest. The weather was gorgeous!!



The forest lead down to one of the biggest lakes in Denmark.

We enjoyed our lunch by the waters edge.


Leah got to climb a few trees - something she loves. Bit of a monkey about her!!

Krisitan and I got to take the traditional picture that we take nearly everywhere we go. He holds the camera out straight in front of us, I wrap my arms around his neck - we snap and just hope that we got our heads into the picture!! haha



What a beautiful place. We really enjoyed being there.


Kristian enjoyed his "new" camera - (its actually my dads old camera!)


After a few hours at the lake we decided to head somewhere else...another place we had never been.....
Finally we were able to head somewhere else.....

It was also soooo beautiful here. We love being near water! We all had an ice cream (and very exspensive ice cream it was - £8.90 for 3 ice creams) I nearly choked when the man told me the price!! Unfortunately I couldnt give him the ice creams back - Kristian and Leah had already got stuck into theirs!!


Kristian had a traumatic experience....he saw a boat just like the one he had been out sailing on last weekend! It was Dejavu all over again!! haha



He actually found THE boat that they had been out sailing in (below). It brought a smile to his face, so it cant have been all bad!

Finally we headed home. We had a wonderful day out.

12 comments:

Charlene said...

I wish I could!

You've had a fab day, if not a little lost! How can you get lost 1/2 an hour from home Laura??????? ha ha. Poor Kristian has been living too long with you!!!

lisa said...

I thought the same thing, how can there be this lovely place you have never been to and its only half an hour from your house??? Strange!!!

Laura said...

Well maybe its like 45 minutes away!! and we always go up north to the east coast - today we went up north but to the west coast. Beautiful place - heard about it, drove through the town but never been to that part of the lake! But there are so many beautiful places around - you really have to get your butts over here!! haha

Charlene said...

It's no wonder you got lost Laura, just listen to yourself, you normally go north to arrive at the east coast, but today you went north to arrive at the west coast????????????

lisa said...

yes - what?????????????????????

Laura said...

hahaha I know I can never work out north, south east and west!!! hahaha

Rhoda said...

So what's the point in having a compass then?????!!!!!

At least you were still able to laugh at the adventure of it all:-)

So what camera has your dad got himself?

Today I went out with David's cousin and decided he should by a Sony Alpha - brilliant! I loved my Canon until I started using his!

Laura said...

we have a compass so Kristian feels like a man - makes him think he knows what hes doing!! hahaha

Laura said...

Oh by the way Rhoda my dad got a Nikon D80

lisa said...

Laura, I have a D80 as well, I love it! I got Nikon because Ronnie uses Nikon & we can share lenses, flashes etc.

Charlene said...

very big lenses if I remember correctly Lisa!

Laura said...

my dad loves his Nikon too!