Tuesday 10 February 2009

Good old fish &chips....



Another lunch date was planned for today. This time we were meeting my aunt Kathleen, (my dads sister.) She would come to Belfast and meet us. We decided to go get fish and chips! After all I couldnt go home without having tried some traditional fish and chips. (Plus the fact that Kristian loves fish and chips, and me being the loving wife - I wanted to rub it in, that I had eaten some delicious fish!!haha)





The fish was really lovely. I can recommend Smyths fish and chip shop on the Cregagh Road.

Sara got a bacon burger.

And Leah got a chicken burger. It was huge!!


After we ate, we headed back into Belfast city centre were Sara and Leah spent their last few pennies.
I had a wonderful experience this afternoon. On the way home I called into the piano shop. I would love a new piano - (one can dream!) I have my eye on the Clavinova CVP403 but I have only read about it, never seen it in action. Well today that all changed. I got a demonstration of it. For half an hour the man demonstrated what it could do and I tell you, I was nearly crying. It was beautiful. I am in love!!! The sound is fantastic...but then again so is the price!! haha
Now we have started the packing. Sara has loads of things and Leah isnt far behind. I hope we get it all fitted in. I am about to start another round of clearing up and cleaning. Then its off to bed. The morning comes early. We catch the bus at 6am!!! and finally arrive home in Copenhagen at 8.30pm. I am soooo looking forward to seeing Kristian and Andrew again. (and Shadow as well!) We really do miss them.
(Below is a wee message especially for you Krisitan! haha)


By the way people, in case you havent realised, Valentines day is on Saturday, so get planning those dates for your other half!!
Strange to think that the next time you hear from me I will be in a whole other country, but its going to be nice to be home again in Denmark. We have had a fantastic trip. Its gone too fast. Sorry to those of you we didnt get to see this time. Hopefully next time we will get to see you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA, HA, HA Funny!! - who is the old fish and who is the chip?!? lol
With that headline you think that your refere to the picture of you and your aunt - nearly killed my self laughing!!
Looking forward to see my girls again!!
Love Kristian

lisa said...

Glad you had a good holiday & hope you all have a safe journey home. The fish & chips looked lovely by the way!

lisa said...

Ps - forgot to say - just to let you all know, the hospital just rang me with an appt date with a different consultant about the botched sterilisation. Its on Monday afternoon (16th Feb). No idea what is going to happen at the appt but I know Ronnie has a lot of questions he wants answered. I had asked for a different dr this time as I dont want to see the original for obvious reasons. I'll keep you all posted.

Laura said...

hahaha I didnt think about that...very funny Kristian, now I'm killing myself laughing!!haha We cant wait to get home and see you and Andrew again....wish you were off on Thursday! See you soon honey, I'll sms when we are near Copenhagen. Say hello to farmor and farfar from us. Love you!!

Laura said...

hi Lisa

I had a great holiday, just about to head off to bed. We get up at 5am tomorrow. Hope everything goes ok on Monday. Good job Ronnie is going with you...keep us posted with how it all goes. It was great seeing you, even though it was short. Am already planning the next trip!! haha

Lorraine said...

I'm glad you all had a great trip it was really hood to see you. You're probably at the airport now I'm just thinking. Have a great trip home and don't be long coming back!

Hi Kristian - sorry I missed you this time. Big hugs to you and Andrew x

Rhoda said...

Very good Kristian - well spotted!

Leah went to Ireland a child, and went back to Denmark a young lady! The haircut is lovely, certainly makes her look so much older.

Hope your bags weren't overweight - with all of Sara's jackets, you can only wear so many!

Enjoy your new camera - if you took those pictures with it, it seems great!

Ok hope you had a good journey home, isn't that the good thing about being Irish - you can quite legitimately have two homes:-)

Maybe next time I'll get over too.