Monday 23 February 2009

My secret is out....

I have a saying and its this - "Be sure your sins will find you out." I say it all the time to Kristian, the kids and even my colleagues have got to know this saying well. I suppose I really should listen to my own preaching, cause my sins have been found out today.

You see my secret is out! Now I have to come clean - I have a problem........its coke! Now before any of you go into shock, its NOT the drug, but the soft fizzy drink that when you drink it, explodes into a wild dance at the back of the throat, before it disappears into the stomach! Oh how I love that wonderful feeling!

Well in our house we only buy coke (and its the zero kind) at the weekend. (We do TRY, and note I say TRY! - we dont always suceed, to eat and be healthy during the week!) Friday night is our sweetie night and we have coke on a Friday and Saturday. But sometimes during the week I just crave a cold glass of coke....

Well last week I bought myself a wee bottle of coke and hid it amoung the vegetables in the fridge. (I knew no-one would find it in there!! and no-one did!) When I was in the mood for that wild dance in my throat, I went and took a couple of mouthfuls. (Aaahhhhh!!) That coke bottle lasted me 3 days!!

So today on the way home from work I had the urge again. So since my scheme worked so well last week I thought I would do it again this week....(well this is were I should say "Be sure your sins will find you out!!" ) I wont say anything more, I will just hand over to Kristian....

So there you have it. My secret is out. I have come clean......now my only problem is finding a new hiding place for the next bottle that I buy!! Any suggestions????

12 comments:

Charlene said...

You are such a case girl! Didn't anybody tell you that you're an adult now - you don't have to hid things in your own home!

However, after your flatulence stories that all of Speranza's customers heard, I'd avoid anything fizzy if I were you! ha ha

Rhoda said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!!(times two - David & both laughed so much at that video:-)

Poor Old Laura:-(

Your mistake was you tried to hide the coke. If Kristian is like other men that I know, if you had just left the coke sitting on the bench he would never have seen it!

Etta said...

oh lol - what an eejit! Charlene - ever try keeping jelly babies in this house!!! Good point Rhoda - though in some homes I know, you could have left it very safely in the cleaning cupboard too!

Ah Laura... a coke habit!

lisa said...

I hide things in the empty washing machine - no one except me ever goes in there!!!

Lorraine said...

Rhoda, that is so true. Leave it out and he'll never notice it!

That's so so funny!!!!

lisa said...

When I left the last comment I hadnt watched the video - its hilarious!!! You were well and truly caught out!!

Laura said...

But if I didnt hide the coke the kids would drink it. I am just soooo selfish - I want it all for myself!!! haha

Rhoda said...

Buy them their own!

(label them, and everyone can only drink their own bottle - and when it's gone it's gone. Oh bad idea, just realised that it's probably not yours that you have to hide from the kids, but that kids would probably have hide theirs from you!!!!!!!!!)

Rhoda said...

Laura I've just looked at that video again, and I was right! If you only bought that bottle yesterday - there was no way it would have lasted you 3 days!!!! It was nearly empty - you must have been thirsty an awful lot yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura said...

I was wondering if you Rhoda would pick up on that - that the bottle was nearly empty and I had just bought it! haha
Well that´s because Andrew and Kristian had had their share...otherwise I would still have some:-)

Karen Templeton said...

Laura you are sooo bad, you were well and truly busted. Allan has the same habit...he even has Coke for breakfast before heading out to school!!! I guess it gives him the boost he needs to teach his class for the rest of the day.

By the way, when did Kristian get a Belfast accent? Allan also picks up on my accent and talks about this wee thing and that wee thing...and the baby...augh God love her!

Karen

Angie said...

Thanks for brightening up my day Laura. I'm still laughing!!! I can just picutre you trying to sneak to and from the fridge!