Monday 9 February 2009

I had a plan....

So we had another busy day planned for today.

The plan was that we would get up and go shopping before meeting my brother for lunch. I had decided that today I would get a camera just like Saras. (My old camera had given up the ghost and Sara had been so good in letting me use hers!)

So, as I was saying, the plan was to head to town, we would get the camera and then meet up with Jim for lunch. But our plans dont always work out!! We slept too long - not that I am complaining, I LOVE to sleep long! It just meant we couldnt get shopping before meeting Jim for lunch.

We met Jim, (just 10 minutes later than planned) and headed to this wee restaurant that he recommended. Unfortunately it was closed.

None of our plans seemed to be working out! haha

So after a quick walk around the place we found a lovely wee cafe and had hot lentil and carrot soup, followed by some lovely sandwiches. We spent a couple of hours chatting and catching up, before we said goodbye and Sara, Leah and I headed into Belfast to shop. (Unfortunately I have no pictures - I had no camera and Sara forgot hers at home!)



Leah had been wanting to get her hair cut for a few weeks now. When we left Jim we walked passed a hairdressers called Hair Traffic. That name rang a bell.

Does anybody else remember them? I can remember going to them along with Rhonda, and I think Charlene too, to get our hair washed and blow dried for the GB display. Rhonda got hers french braided...if I remember correctly, with a white ribbon through it! (and off course I ended up washing mine and drying it all over again when I got home - I was never satisfied!)

Well we looked at the price list. To get a hair cut by one of the girls in the hairdressing school cost £15 - so cheap compared to Denmark. So she decided she would take the chance. The great thing was that they could take us there and then.

It was rather funny me explaining the hair cut to the girl as I kept mixing danish words into it. Off course I didnt realise this until she looked and me oddly and asked "But what is an etage?" Oops silly me!! Anyway by some miracle Leah got the hair cut she wanted! I think its lovely!





And guess what I got? Yes my camera!! I just love it.

4 comments:

Charlene said...

That haircut is fab - she is all grown up looking!

Yes I do remember Hair Traffic. Lorraine and I always went to an hairdressers in Royal Avenue. You didn't need to make an appointment, had to wait for hours to actually get your hair cut but it only cost a fiver! Happy days.

lisa said...

Her hairs lovely - really suits her. Doesnt she look more and more grown up?!

I too used to go to hair traffic but I think the one I went to was in Great Victoria Street, nearly opposite the Europa Hotel is sounding familiar to me. I remember always wanting my hair in a french braid for the GB display but it was never long enough until one year and then I didnt want to take it out for days!!!

Lorraine said...

Leah looks so grown up!

I just love her hair like that. Glad you had a great day with Jim - the soup sounded lovely.

lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.