Thursday 12 February 2009

Time for tea...

Well I must have been really exhausted cause I slept from about 10.30pm (last night)to 12.15pm (lunch time) today. I could hardly believe the time when I woke!! I had slept like a rock.

So it was a quick shower, a bike ride up to town to get a few things that we needed and then home in time to go visit my friend Rhona.


Another friend, Laila, was going too, so I was able to hitch a ride with her over to Rhonas. We had been invited for a tea party! Rhona is one of my friends who is such a great baker - she ALWAYS makes the most delicious cakes ....so I was looking forward to seeing her again, but also looking forward to whatever wonderful thing she would serve!! haha Believe you me, I was not disappointed!!!


We had scones with jam (they were just perfect!) then a gorgeous ice cream cake. It was to die for!! (honestly!) We had a great afternoon catching up. But there was another reason we were there. She had got another wee dog, a puppy called Abbey. Rhona already has one dog, about 10 years old - Kizzy. Laila and I have both looked after Kizzy on different occassions when Rhona and her family have been on holiday, so now we had to meet the newest member of the family. She was so tiny and cute!!!

Off course I went and forgot my camera, so I decided not to drive home again with Laila but get Kristian, when he was finished with work, to pick up my camera and come get me, so I could get pictures for my blog (see how dedicated I am to this thing!!haha) You can see the results below:


Kizzy and Abbey are soooo happy to see Kristian. Kristian has a very special place in Kizzys heart. She just loves him (for some reason or other!! Hard to understand that!! haha)

Rhona with the newest member of her family - Abbey.

I also had to get a photo with Abbey! Isnt she just a cutie!!

4 comments:

Rhoda said...

See how dedicated Kristian is to you Laura! What a good husband to go home, collect your camera and take it over to you!!!!

Love the dogs - they are both gorgeous, wee puppys are always so hard to resist. No wonder you wanted the photos. (And I'm glad you did!!!!)

lisa said...

Ahhhhhhhh - puppies!!! Ive gone all weak at the knees!! I cant resist puppies at all! I used to be good friends with a girl who was a dog warden. Whenever she collected any puppies she used to stop by my house on the way to the dog shelter but I kept trying to keep them so she had to stop bringing them!!

Rhoda said...

Just thinking Laura, isn't it a good job that Kristian didn't take the Thursday off, as you would have liked, to watch you sleeping in bed all day:-)!!!

Laura said...

I know Rhoda, imagine sleeping sooo long!!! But if Kristian had been off he probably would have slept long just like me - we both could sleep the clock round, and our kids are just like us!! From they were about 3 weeks old they have slept through the night and always slept long on Saturdays...so we have been spoilt as parents....

Lisa I was sooo in the mood to get a puppy after seeing rhonas. First we need a house...then we will get a puppy!! haha