Saturday 7 February 2009

A night to remember....

I was up bright and early today!! Got an unexpected phone call from my friend Rhoda in Scotland. It was great to catch up with her, epsecially since she couldnt make the dinner tonight.

I got a bit more cleaning and clearing up down around the house and then Dad, Sara, Leah and me headed into Belfast, yet again!! This time we were going to meet my sister-in-law Gillian and my neice and nephew, Lauren and Lewis.

We had a great afternoon wandering around the town! Yes off course we went to Primark, but didnt stay long. There were just too many people today!!


We headed home from town late in the afternoon. I just had enough time to change and freshen up before meeting up with all my "old" friends again. We were going to Speranazs for the evening and I was so looking forward to seeing them again.
Julie - me - Lisa

Lorraine - Rhonda - Ruth


Charlene and Julie (again)


Now what is that Lorraine ordered?!!!
Are you happy or disgusted at your dinner Ruth?

Did you make the right decision to get the Lasagne Charlene?

Well what can I say Julie??!!!!!

Lisa and her duck!! (Now I feel a song coming on!!)

What is wrong with your bake Sadie???!!!

We had a brilliant night at Speranazs. The craic was good and the food was good. I really enjoyed myself yet again (but how can you not enjoy yourself with this bunch of people!) Thanks for a brilliant evening girls.

We had fun going down memory lane, well what little off it that we could re-call. It is rather scary the things that I have forgotten and the names of people that are just gone. We had fun laughing at the different stories we had to tell. (and hearing about all of Rhondas "friends" that none of us others remember?!!!) Our laughing muscles certainly got excerise this evening. The time just flew by, and before we knew it, it was over:-( It REALLY WAS GREAT to see you all again. )

8 comments:

Lorraine said...

Great photos Laura, I had a ball last night. It was so good to see everyone again (I even recognised Ruth without the spiky hair!!).

We'll have to do it all again soon so start looking for cheap flights again! This means you too Rhoda!

You'll have to get over at some stage too Pauline! Its a shame Lynn and Colin weren't there too.

Thanks girls for a great night!!! Maybe we'll get more pate next time and Rhonda can bring a carload of her weird friends!!

lisa said...

I agree with Lorraine, great photos! It was a great night, thank you everyone, 'the craic was 90'!!

Cant wait until next time, hopefully it will be a full house with everyone there! To any of you who couldnt make it, you were missed!

Rhoda said...

Isn't Lauren the image of her mum?!!!

Looks like you really did have a great night, loved the photos, and hearing about what everyone ate.

I can just imagine that poor couple in the background out for nice quiet romantic evening, and instead thinking they were at a kid's birthday party in MacDonalds!!!!!

Rhoda said...

PS It's also really good to see such clear pictures of people, with their names - very helpful. Thanks:-)

Rhoda said...

PSS
Thanks Lorraine for the invite to the next one:-)

Ruth said...

It was a brilliant evening so glad I got to see you all again – my sides are still aching from laughing!

Laura, it was not my dinner I was disgusted at (it was lovely) it must’ve either been one of your ‘windy’ stories or one of Rhonda’s stories involving something totally disgusting!

Can’t wait to do it all again soon – hurry up and get back Laura xx

Charlene said...

What can I say that hasn't already been said? It was a great night. Maybe we should move the chat nights to the 2nd Saturday each month and go out on the 1st Saturday of each month! (not sure if Philip approves of me associating with you lot though. ha ha)

lisa said...

Charlene thats a great idea! Just tell Philip you are off to the 'saturday nighters'!