Sunday 15 February 2009

Today we were at church. My friend Anne was also there, it was soooo great to see her again. Its been a while since we both were in church at the same time. She had been sick, then I had been sick and then I was in Ireland. But today we were both at church. Afterwards we enjoyed having a chat over a cup of tea/coffee. (There is always tea/coffee and biscuits after our church service.)

We then saw Thomas (our old colleague) and we attacked the poor man to get a picture of him!! haha

Well church was just great and it was lovely to see everyone again.
When we came home I got this urge to bake. I really thought I was sick! - cause I NEVER get an urge to bake. (I blame it on my friend Rhona...since being at her house on Thursday and having scones, I have been craving scones.) So today I just had to bake some scones.

And to my big surprise, they turned out. Then the girls wanted a chocolate cake. So I baked a chocolate cake! (OK, I cheated here, it was one of those box ones were you just add water and melted butter and mix together, but it turned out too!!)


And then after all that I was still in a baking mood, so I made some Lemon squares. These also turned out, so I really dont know what has happened to me today!! Long may it last! haha


I even made a delicious dinner tonight, so my family are very happy and content with me today! haha.
We have just finished eating scones, cake and lemon squares, so I am feeling rather full. Leah is about to go off to bed and in an hour or so I will also head in. Tomorrow is the start of a new week and its back to work after being off for 2 weeks!! It sure is going to be hard to get up at 5.45am again.
Its been a really great relaxing Sunday and a really great weekend!

Ooops almost forgot I have the pack lunches to get ready too - YUK!

4 comments:

lisa said...

Clever clever girl!!!! You are putting me to shame, I havent baked in a couple of weeks. Well done, it all looks lovely!

Rhoda said...

Wow Laura what a domestic goddess day you had, and the photos to prove it! Well done you - maybe now you can see why people enjoy baking?

I thought your first picture with you and Anne was very clever. Look at it again, it looks like a wee speech bubble at the top in which you say about having tea & coffee after church! Bet you couldn't get that again if you tried:-)

Charlene said...

You have been busy girl but isn't there a reason it's a day of rest! Just so that you're not tired on Monday morning - when will you ever learn. Saying that the food looks fab! Wish I could nip in for a cup of tea and scone. I could always bring the homemade jam.

You seemed to have enjoyed yesterday, the pics are great - I am so glad you're nuts Laura, I mean who could entertain me the way you do. you are the nuttiest friend I have. (Well that's not entirely true - Lorraine is pretty nuts and Etta well, what more can I say. There's always Julie - she's completely off the scale. I think I better quit before I get into serious trouble. Ha ha)

Anonymous said...

Dad Says. Laura you're starting to take after your Mum.(It's not too late) She was a great cook & baker. I remember some months after she went home ,I found her recipe for making an apple tart. I wish I had got the camcorder and filmed it.Well! I was at the stage of having the paste rolled out, & the apples in the Microwave to stew a little bit.( I seen Mum do this)I then proceded to get the Paste unto the big plate;I tried fingers & thumbs, then a couple of knives.finally a couple of cake servers.After 20mins I got it off the worktop onto the plate, Had to work on it on the plate to get it to hold the apples. At last the slightly stewed apples were in place. Now for the final piece of paste to gon on top, phew!!!!! another 20mins. Now into the oven,30mins later what a sight, but I was able to cut it into 6 apple squares; & they tasted just like Mums Cakes.I phoned Mums friend Maud, & asked how she lifted the paste unto the plate; I could have kicked myself. The next one was like Mums Ha Ha. Love Dad.