Monday 16 February 2009

Let it snow....

Well the snow finally came to Denmark! When I woke this morning the road and footpaths were covered in snow, so I was glad I was up 10 minutes earlier than usual so I had some extra time to bike to the train.

It actually wasnt hard starting back to work. It was great to see everyone again and this morning while I was biking I really appreciated having a job to get up to. Plus biking in the freezing cold, in the snow makes you really appreciate your home and bed!! So already at 6.20am I was looking forward to climbing into bed this evening!!(But I really did say a prayer of thanks that we have a lovely warm home to return to at the end of a hard day at work.)

When I came home today Leah and her friend Annika were here. They were lying on the sofa, one at each end with a blanket over them. Really cosy, they had been out playing in the snow after school and just needed some time to warm up again. After an hour or so they decided it was time to venture out again.....and so started the process of getting ALL the clothes on themselves.



Above Leah is all ready to venture out into the snow.


The view from our living room window.

The girls had a great time playing out in the snow. They had a snow ball fight!



Kristian arrived home just in time to see the snow ball fight.

Today after work Kristian went to Copenhagen with Andrews computer. He got a new part for it on Saturday, but he could not get it to work! He spent all Saturday afternoon trying to get the computer to start, but to no avail. So he took it into the shop to see if they could help. Well, what do you think happened? As soon as the man plugged it in, the computer started. (He didnt do anything to it - just plugged it in.) They tried it twice, and it worked both times. Kristian then came home all happy and plugged the computer in and you guessed it..... it wont start again!! haha - Typical!!



Meanwhile I have had a very productive afternoon. I went shopping for some bread and milk on the way home from work. We never seem to have enough of either!! I seem to buy bread and milk every day (maybe we should consider buying a cow?!) ....then I did a quick tidy up, put another wash on, folded clothes....whew, it felt good! I then got a few cards written and sent to some people that I have been thinking about. I have been wanting to contact them but never seemed to get around to it. Well today I did, so I feel good tonight! Dinner is over, my list of things to do are done and I can now relax. Now why cant every day be like this?!!!!!


6 comments:

Charlene said...

Well done Laura - again! You are so organised, I would love to be organised but I just don't think it's in my nature. It's lovely when everything goes smoothly and according to plan - well I think it is I can't remember the last time it happened to me ha ha.

Leah looks like she really enjoyed the snow. It has really heated up here. It was 11 degrees today and felt really like Spring. Makes you feel like clearing the house and cleaning like mad......then again maybe not!

Laura said...

Well you know what Charlene it usually doesnt go smoothly and according to my plan.

I usually have a list of things to do and never seem to get around to doing any off it....but today just went well. I think the secret was that I didnt sit down when I came home from work (I usually sit down to check blogs and never get up and going again!) ....I just started right into the house and got tidied up, got dinner on and then wrote all these cards while dinner was cooking....then I sat down!! It seemed to work - might try it again tomorrow, but then again, as you say.....maybe not!! haha

It is sooo good to hear from you again!!!! It was sooo awful when you werent on line!!

Rhoda said...

Definitely not Charlene!!!!! I can assure you!

Isn't snow just so beautiful when it first falls?! Did Shadow enjoy seeing it?

Great pictures Laura - looks like the new camera is working well.

Rhoda said...

Yes I agree with Laura - it's good to have you back Charlene, now we just need to get some of the others back as well and life will be right again! (Laura I think we are following eachother around the blogs!!!)

lisa said...

Its quite funny when you write about being glad your up 10 mins early so you can bike to work, when it snows here the whole place comes to a standstill! Theres no way anyone would bike in the snow - not that Ive ever seen anyway, so well done you!

Etta said...

sorry I missed you when you were here girl... maybe the cousin and I should pay you a visit some day! And snow - we had a handful of flakes - we're too near the beach for it to lie - it has to be a seriously heavy fall for that and it's only happened once that I remember. Am very impressed at the biking bit.... lol, I'd need tractor tyres ;o)